Service Line Operations Director (FS Consulting)
Reporting to FS Consulting Leadership and Finance & Operations Leadership, the purpose of this influential role is to support leadership by executing many of the day-to-day business decisions and participating in the development and execution of the FS Consulting strategy and market leadership plan.
The SLOD is a key part of the leadership team and plays a central role in driving business performance, profitability, and leads the operational processes for the Service Line. These include planning, resourcing, cost management and improvement projects. The SLOD will establish and maintain core business processes and functions to support this high growth business.
Our Service Line Ops teams are dynamic and operate in a high performing and agile environment. We assist the business in undertaking all aspects of the engagement lifecycle from client onboarding, financial planning, engagement management and resourcing.
- Evaluate performance against Financial Plan targets and key performance drivers (e.g. Price, activity, costs etc.) - identify issues in a timely manner and propose and execute actions in response
- Update leadership on performance, rationale for performance and agree actions
- Manage FS Consulting Operations Team in the weekly financial performance process and to deliver best in class service for the business to succeed and meet its targets including:
- Portfolio Management – exception reporting on client portfolio
- Working Capital – ensuring we are accelerating timely billing and prompt collection of cash
- Pricing - assist in development of pricing policies and ensure roll-out to business
- Work closely with the wider FS support teams and other key stakeholders (team leads) to ensure the accurate and consistent flow of MI
- Drive strategic change and business improvement initiatives through innovative thinking
- Lead the yearly annual strategic and financial planning processes with the Financial Controller (e.g. Market Leadership Plans, FY Plans and periodic reforecasting)
- Perform monthly forecasts and periodic financial year reforecasts, assess outlook indicators and propose actions in response
- Develop an understanding on sales and pipeline and impact on future trading
- Manage headcount within the business, ensuring effective management reporting by working closely with the People Operations Manager and Recruitment to oversee recruitment and attrition statistics
- Assist with headcount planning & modelling and resource allocation by;
- Resourcing – forecasting accuracy and redeployment to maximise utilisation
- Recruitment – ensure aligned with and responsive to business needs. Ensure appropriate staff pipeline in order to maintain business performance in line with revenue and margin targets
- Utilisation - Ensure efficient staff utilisation
- Oversight of management information for distribution to the business on all people ops metrics, including but not limited to; resourcing, utilisation, availability, Retain accuracy, timesheets, forecasting, yearly personnel reports, etc. Review, analyse, provide commentary and follow up on actions required on these reports where necessary.
- Miscellaneous operational, tactical and strategic projects upon request.
Skills and attributes for success
In conducting their role, the SLOD will demonstrate the following experience / attributes:
- An experienced senior manager
- Financially literate individual who can demonstrate a highly commercial approach
- An active member of the leadership team with the ability to operate on a peer basis with leadership and ability to influence key stakeholders
- People management skills and teaming will be key to success. Strong team player with high level of energy and a flexible approach to meet the changing needs of teams and clients.
- Excellent attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, organisation skill, and commitment to confidentiality is a must have
- Demonstrated ability to juggle conflicting demands, prioritise effectively whilst delivering to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You will be service-driven, confident in dealing with all levels of stakeholders, proactive and diplomatic with a positive and enthusiastic can-do attitude. You will be passionate and a logical thinker
- Ability to build highest performing teams
- Confident and can bring fresh insight to business problems
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.