Assurance - Professional Practice, Senior Manager
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential practice in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Professional Practice and Forensics & Integrity Services.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join the Professional Practice in our Kuala Lumpur office.
The Professional Practice assist our clients in addressing the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insights and services which accelerate decision-making.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be part of a team of specialists that provide:
- accounting and financial reporting technical solutions to our diverse base of clients
- audit technical advice to our client-serving teams
- Provide commercially minded solutions to problems based on your deep technical knowledge
- Showcase your skills by working on various types of transactions and product development
- Apply your technical and commercial expertise on all topics while further strengthening your specialism
- Work on challenging assignments with a diverse base of clients which will further enhance your experiences
- Network within your field as a sought-after advisor who demonstrates business acumen
Skills and attribute to success
- Deep passion and curiosity in accounting, financial reporting and audit technical matters
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field / ACCA Affiliate
- Completed any of the professional accounting qualification i.e. ACCA, CPA, MICPA, ICAEW
- MIA eligible
- Minimum of eight years of work experience in professional services environment, particularly in audit or accounting/financial reporting/audit technical areas
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of business trends, emerging accounting/financial reporting/auditing technical matters and industry developments.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing working environment. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.