Treasury Regional Markets - VP
The Corporate & Investment Bank Treasury is a critical function within CIB Finance and Business Management. It is responsible for managing the liquidity and capital positions of the investment banking businesses, establishing transparent and market-based funds transfer pricing policy and developing methodologies and metrics to improve the collateral and liquidity risk management capabilities of the Corporate and Investment Bank. CIB Treasury works closely with Corporate Treasury and Asset and Liability Risk Management (ALM) n developing consolidated liquidity risk metrics and coordinating analysis and reporting for regulators and rating agencies on related topics. The EMEA team works closely with senior finance leadership to assess the funding and liquidity impacts of the CIB’s legal entity strategy in the region.
This team is looking for a high achieving VP to support CIB Treasury EU team with specific focus on EU entities. Given that the team is responsible for ongoing liquidity oversight for the CIB EU Banking and Markets activity in the region, as well as an array of initiatives in this space the responsibilities might also include support of wider agenda. This role will have exposure and responsibility across varying levels of management and is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is interested in a strategic view of the CIB’s activity and who has a keen interest in capital markets, liquidity risk management and funding
The preferred candidate will be a dynamic individual with intellectual curiosity and a strong track record of insightful analysis and control focus coupled with delivery of process improvements and delivery of the results:
- Working knowledge of Investment Bank products and balance sheet along with financial theory and accounting principles
- Strong analytical, investigative problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Self-starter, who is able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Focused work ethic, good business sense, and demonstrated initiative
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the capability to engage various functions, locations, and businesses
- A ‘hands on’ team player who is equally comfortable carrying out detailed analysis on an independent basis or coordinating input from others
- Proven record of team management
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint (including PitchPro)
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication abilities
- Professional accounting qualification – preferred
- Knowledge of ALM, funding and liquidity and regulatory developments in the treasury space (e.g. LCR, NSFR) - preferred
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.