Tax Experienced Staff - Wealth & Asset Management (FSO) - Summer/Fall 2021: The Cayman Islands
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself and a better working world for all.
Join our Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
EY’s FSO tax practice provides comprehensive and specialized tax assistance tailored to the unique needs of the asset management industry. You would join our tax professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced with varied and specialized facets of hedge fund, private equity fund and mutual fund taxation, including fund and organizational structuring, tax compliance, and on-call advice.
Your key responsibilities
As an experienced staff in our wealth & asset management tax practice, you will participate in tax compliance and advisory work for clients. You will work with Seniors through Partners on key client issues in domestic federal, international and state and local taxation with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. You will be involved in tax compliance accounts for hedge funds, mutual funds and/or private equity funds.
Skills and attributes for success
- Solid tax technical skills
- Build impactful relationships with new and existing clients and maintain relationships with firm leadership
- Create a positive and trusting environment where team members know each other and feel a part of their team
- Able to identify key tax technical issues and raise the appropriate questions before the work is sent for review to the senior or manager – and consult when necessary
- Managing multiple work assignments and deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or a business discipline, and/or an advanced degree in tax or law
- A minimum of 9 months’ of relevant tax experience
- A CPA (or equivalent internationally recognized accounting designation), Enrolled Agent and/or LLM certification preferred; non-certified and partially-certified hires are required to become certified before being eligible for promotion to manager
- Although not required, the ideal candidate would have experience serving clients in the wealth & asset management industry, which may include mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity funds or other investment vehicles
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and exposure to state and local tax
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent teaming, leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- A thorough understanding of building client relationships
What we look for
We’re interested in hard working team players who are comfortable partnering with others as well as working independently. You’ll also need to be a detail oriented performer who can multi-task and meet deadlines, as well as bring creative solutions to the job every day.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
EY | Building a better working worldEY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.