Manager/Senior Manager, Strategy (Financial Services), Strategy and Transactions
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Financial Services - Strategy and Transactions group is seeking to recruit experienced professionals into our developing Financial Services Strategy practice. Joining us will provide individuals with fantastic opportunities to build on their current transaction and commercial experience, and work on a number of diverse and demanding projects as part of a growing practice area.
We continue to invest heavily in growing our geographical footprint as well as our account coverage and execution capability, as well as developing new areas of capability.
Increasing globalisation of our Financial Services business means that we work closely with colleagues in both Asia-Pacific and the Americas in respect of serving our largest global accounts as well as delivering cross-border engagements.
Our clients including leading global companies across the Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets and Asset Management industries as well as private equity, central banks and Governments.
Our assignments are typically complex, integrated projects that frequently involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers.
To leverage our already strong credentials, and to strengthen our ability to provide front-end strategic advice to our clients, we are building a dedicated Financial Services commercial diligence and strategy capability to complement our financial and operational diligence, M&A, valuations and business modeling services.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager / Senior Manager in the team, you'll deliver strategic consulting engagements for clients throughout Asia, on topics such as
- corporate strategy,
- digital strategy,
- business unit strategy,
- transaction strategy,
- commercial due diligence,
- organisational design,
- partnership/JV negotiation and formation
- developing new clients through proposals/pitches
- developing, mentoring, recruiting team members creating and
- contributing to the firm's intellectual property base
You'll work in a fast paced, highly dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment and have opportunity to expose to cutting edge topics and a vast range of clients and project types.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management – be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the TAS sub service lines
- Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients
- Business Development - assist in aspects of pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- Learning - Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or any related discipline
- At least 5 years (for manager level)/ 8 years (for senior manager level) of relevant experience
- Experience in leading strategy/consulting engagements for global strategy firms or Big 4 strategy teams
- Ability to independently lead consulting workstreams (Manager) or whole engagements (Senior Manager)
- Some experience in financial services of any kind (banking, insurance, payments, bancassurance, fintec, alternative currencies...)
- Some exposure to transactions, M&A, or private equity, either in-house or as part of a consulting team
- Experience and skills in technology are not necessary but interesting: anything related to data, analytics, programming and data modelling languages
- Experience developing client relationships (Senior Manager level) emerging markets exposure, ideally including key Asian markets
- Asian language skills - especially ASEAN languages or Chinese
- A high degree of cross-cultural sensitivity
- A high degree of resourcefulness, drive, and ambition
- Tolerance for extensive travel
Ideally, you also have
- A proven record of excellence in a merger integration, acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.