FS Technology Risk Dublin - Manager
Financial Services Office (FSO), Technology Risk Dublin - Manager (IT/Cyber Risk Management / Operational Resilience / Third-Party Risk Management)
EY is the only major professional services firm with an integrated Financial Services practice across Europe, the Middle East, India, and Africa (EMEIA). We connect our Asset Management, Banking, Capital Markets, and Insurance clients to 6,500 talented people from 12 countries and 35,000 Financial Services colleagues around the world.
Join EY FS Ireland and you'll work in international teams, experiencing growth and change right across this diverse region. You'll be working with the best people on the most complex financial service issues, helping to shape the future of financial services.
As a leading independent provider of risk advisory services, EY supports organisations in managing their risks, maximising opportunities, and operating effectively.
Technology Risk forms part of our broader Business Consulting practice. Our clients seek independent advice and assurance on diverse issues including design and operation of their internal controls, security of their business critical systems, delivery of major IT enabled programmes, their relationships with third parties, and their management, stewardship, and ability to exploit business critical data.
We are looking to recruit a Manager who can work directly with clients to help them understand and address risks associated with the technologies that support their business.
Your key responsibilities
- Maintaining both externally and internally recognised technical expertise and delivering engagements in a number of the following areas for our FS clients:
- Operational Resilience (including Digital Operational Resilience)
- Technology Resilience
- Cyber Resilience
- IT/Cyber Risk Management
- IT/Cyber Risk Management as part of large-scale transformation
- IT/Cyber Risk Transformation
- IT/Cyber Regulatory Compliance
- IT/Cyber Regulatory Advisory
- Third Party Risk Management
- Cybersecurity Assurance
- Cloud system IT control reviews
- Cloud Governance and Risk Management
- Specialised IT audits
- Working closely with our Technology Consulting colleagues as part of large-scale transformation programmes to ensure appropriate IT/cyber risk management considerations and alignment with regulatory expectations
- Identifying, nurturing, and managing client relationships as part of our management team
- Executing and delivering various client projects in the above areas within the Insurance, Asset Management, and Banking, and Capital Markets industries
- Effectively managing client-facing delivery teams, including reviewing the work of junior team members and providing feedback to assist with their learning and development
- Leading and coaching our team on both an overarching day-to-day basis and as part of assignment delivery
- Ensuring that risk management procedures and quality standards are observed throughout project delivery
- Fostering and developing strong networks (local, area, global) with key service line champions across the global firm
Skills and attributes for success
- Client-oriented, professional services mindset
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and manage staff at all levels
- Strong execution and delivery mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information to a broad range of audiences
- Good attention to detail
- Strong team player, with the ability to manage/coach junior resources
- Confident to present on subject matter areas to various senior audiences
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- Availability to travel across Ireland and the EU as may be required
- University graduate preferably with majors in Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering
- 6+ years of general experience in IT/operational risk management or consulting. IT project management/service delivery experience is also useful.
- Relevant IT risk and control related experience at Management level or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of risk-related frameworks and standards (e.g. COBIT, ITIL, NIST CSF, ISO27001, CSA CCM & CAIQ, SOC Standards [ISAE3402])
- Financial Services industry experience, i.e. Retail Banking, Insurance, Funds, Capital Markets, Payment Processors, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of Emerging Technologies, FinTech Products and Services, Cloud Services and Cybersecurity
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory bodies, regulations, and guidelines impacting the Financial Services industry (e.g. EBA, ESMA, EIOPA, CBI)
- CISA/CRISC/CISSP/CISM/CSX certifications
- Big 4 Management experience and training
We are looking for high performing individuals with the passion and commitment to grow our practice. As an ambassador for the Technology Risk team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients' high expectations.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers, and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.