Description of business unit
The Pension Payroll section is a key financial function within New Ireland. The team of 3 people are responsible for the payroll processing of weekly, fortnightly and monthly payments for Annuities, ARF and PHI customers. The Payroll Team ensure accurate processing and recording of payroll data. The annuity/ARF payroll has been growing rapidly over the past few years and we have paid out over €150m in 2021 to over 20,000 customers with further significant growth expected in 2022 and subsequent years.
Purpose of the Role
New Ireland Assurance is part of the Wealth & Insurance Division of Bank of Ireland Group
New Ireland Assurance is a leading life assurance company in Ireland and provides life assurance, pensions and investment solutions to individual and corporate customers
The Finance Department is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic candidate to work in the payroll team. The role requires strong attention to detail, working within a small agile team and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
The role involves working with colleagues in the financial reporting and actuarial teams within New Ireland
- Prepare, process, review and sign off on monthly and annual PAYE, PRSI and USC returns to revenue. Ensuring taxation knowledge is kept up to date and processes are compliant with current legislation.
- Processing and payment of c 20,000 monthly payments though the 6 different payrolls covering ARF, Annuity and PHI.
- Provide assistance and cover to the Payroll Manager to include sign off of all payrolls and reconciliations during their absence or pressurised periods.
- To provide an efficient and effective payroll service that provides timely and accurate payments to ARF Clients, Annuitants & PHI Claimants.
- Preparing payroll reconciliations and investigating queries that arise through the reconciliation process.
- Influencing colleagues in finance and operations to ensure reconciliation matters are followed up and items cleared.
- Dealing swiftly with issues as they arise, and escalating where necessary to the Pensions payroll supervisor.
- Ensure documented payroll procedures are in place for your allocated tasks and that these processes are reviewed and updated regularly to reflect process and legislative changes.
- Participation and contribution to generating efficiencies through innovation for current business and future business process requirements.
- Ensure the transfer of payment data from the operations area and subsequent upload to the Payroll system is completed accurately in a risk mitigating environment.
What is the opportunity?
This role gives an opportunity to work as part of a rapidly growing annuity/ARF payroll team.
- Currently pursuing or desire to pursue accounting or Tax professional qualification
- Proven ability to deliver to deadlines in a high volume pressurised environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic with a drive for change and efficiency.
Essential Skills & Experience
- An understanding of the relevant pension products Annuity, ARF and PHI and the relevant area of the Irish tax system that relate to them.
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and work with key stakeholders.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience of using SAP
- Basic understanding of Life400 and Bliss
- Reconciliations experience in a Financial Services Environment
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.