In-Business Trading Risk Management Support
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution.
Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The role is based out of Mumbai and required working with the Trading Risk Management team in Hong Kong within the Fixed Income Department. The role will require a fast-learning, dynamic, pro-active and self-motivated person to assist in tracking and reporting market risk exposures across different product classes
The role involves working on –
- Risk Reporting: Improve existing and design new reports, with automated production
- Correlating Risk and P&L: Attribution of daily P&L to risk factors by trader/desk/overall business
- Limit Tracking: Streamline reports and processes to track risk limits and usage on a daily basis
- Investigating Data Quality Issues: Help with investigating incorrect risk feeds or other system issues that cause incorrect risk to be reported
- Legal Entity Risk Management: Help streamline processes to manage MSIP risk limits
- Data packs and presentations: Helping to put data packs and presentations together for analyzing trader P&L/risk and for justifying limit increase requests.
We are looking for a pro-active person who has a high attention to detail, is a quick learner and has a natural curiosity to understand about financial markets and products
- Excellent written & spoken English; Excellent business writing skills
- Excellent telephone skills (regular phone contact with team required)
- Hands‑on experience with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to grasp and quickly come up the curve on fixed income markets and products
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.