HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
The team and the role
Be part of a high performing results oriented growing team consisting of 15+ members with a broad range of experience. It is a fast-paced dynamic environment, operating across multiple entities in multiple international locations. The Finance team report directly to the Head of Finance and are responsible for the day to day accounts and administration processes for the Europe and Australian entities. We are looking for a proactive, energetic person with 4-6 years’ experience in a busy international accounting environment. You will have had hands on experience in high volume transactional daily cash, accounts payable/receivable reconciliations, month end processes, financial statement preparation, budget analysis and completed all tasks within a timely and efficient manner. The role also requires an element of research as HedgeServ moves into new markets and involves the review and improvement of ongoing processes whilst maintaining strong controls. The role will be based in the Dublin office with the option of remote working from Ireland.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly & daily accounting functions (accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger preparation)
- Preparing financial statements
- Balance sheet and Income Statement analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting analysis
- Prepare VAT and Corporation Tax returns across multiple jurisdictions
- Annual audit preparation
- Liaise with New York head office on a daily, monthly basis
- Other daily ad-hoc duties
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Min 2.1 in Business Studies, Finance / Accounting degree or equivalent
- 4-6 years accounting experience in a similar environment
- Microsoft Dynamics or equivalent ERP system an advantage
- Ability to multi-task and succeed in a results oriented environment
- Attention to detail and an understanding of the need for accuracy
- An enthusiastic, energetic team player who works well under pressure, in a fast paced work environment
- Computer literate and with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Confident communicator both written and oral