Fund Accounting & Administration, AVP
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.99 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.81 trillion* in assets under management as of September 30, 2018, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit State Street’s website at www.statestreet.com.
*This figure is presented as of September 30, 2018 and includes approximately $28 billion of assets with respect to SPDR products for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) acts solely as the marketing agent. SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated. Business Line Information
Please mention any unique selling points of the role/department in this space
Purpose of Role: (Summaries the job’s intent and why it exists, in one or two sentences) Confirm department/teams the role will interact with on a day to day basis
The main function of the role is: Account for the day-to-day management of a functional/oversight team(s) and manage daily service delivery and production activities performed by staff. Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Service teams/COE’s, outsource locations, Client Operations and other business units to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met. As well as, Work collaboratively with teams and management across the organization on various projects, oversight, committees, KPIs, etc.
Major Responsibilities: (Identify 5-8 major responsibilities performed by the job. Include the approximate percentage of time performing each responsibility during a typical week/month. If the percentage of time performing a function is less than 5%, that function should not be listed)
- Act as the primary contact and key escalation point for operational issues, as well as provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Manage and escalate issues related to BU Shared Services and COE’s.
- Manage departments overtime budget effectively, indirectly responsible for other department budget matters.
- Ensure appropriate records of daily and monthly activities are kept.
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews, controls, and audits as needed.
- Establish and maintain files, including highly confidential and sensitive information, which pertains to clients and division/corporate operations, as well as short/long-term strategies, budgets, etc.
- Assess impacts of regulatory changes.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Organize Shared Service internal meetings and compiles related documentation, assisting with the coordination and development of the agenda and may attend meetings to record notes and action items.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.