Fund Accounting - Assistant Vice President
The main function of the role is: Account for the day-to-day management of a functional/oversight team(s) and manage daily service delivery and production activities performed by staff. Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Service teams/COE’s, outsource locations, Client Operations and other business units to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met. As well as, Work collaboratively with teams and management across the organization on various projects, oversight, committees, KPIs, etc.
- Act as the primary contact and key escalation point for operational issues, as well as provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Manage and escalate issues related to BU Shared Services and COE’s.
- Manage departments overtime budget effectively, indirectly responsible for other department budget matters.
- Ensure appropriate records of daily and monthly activities are kept.
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews, controls, and audits as needed.
- Establish and maintain files, including highly confidential and sensitive information, which pertains to clients and division/corporate operations, as well as short/long-term strategies, budgets, etc.
- Assess impacts of regulatory changes.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Organize Shared Service internal meetings and compiles related documentation, assisting with the coordination and development of the agenda and may attend meetings to record notes and action items.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes as well as assists with client conversions and other client projects.
- Train, develop and motivate new staff, as well as complete performance appraisals.
- Provide staffing recommendations by interviewing new personnel and making effective hiring decisions.
- Serve on committees and help define and implement new company initiatives.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, participate in individual on-going training and development.
- Has accountability and responsibility for completing and delivering PPRs on time.
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment. Make effective recommendations for promotions, salary increases and bonuses.
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.