Service Charge Accounting Manager - Business Services & Outsourcing - Bristol
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons:
Are you looking to further your career in accountancy? We are looking for an experienced manager who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance. We are looking for candidates whose strengths are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, and Decision Making.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
BDO’s Bristol Service Charge team is a centre of excellence for independent reviews of service charges. We are expecting large growth over the coming years to add to our breadth of existing clients. We require a Manager to help us deliver exceptional client service to our expanding client base.
We’ll help you succeed:
The manager will have overall responsibility for the delivery of high quality independent reviews of annual service charge expenditure for a specific client. They will manage a dedicated team and supervise the process to ensure that our work is efficient, completed within the KPI’s, and our offering is tailor-made to suit the client’s needs. The manager will be a point of escalation both internally & for the client, and will confidently deal with difficult situations. They will report into the Director and Partner team, providing and implementing solutions where required. The manager will be actively involved in business development, and should actively seek opportunities to grow the business.
Managing the project for a specific service charge client, which includes:
- determining resource requirements
- monitoring progress against KPI’s and project plans
- budget setting and reviewing performance monthly
- resolving all project issues prior to Director and Partner review
- Managing multiple deadlines, demonstrating flexibility, and prioritising tasks to ensure client deadlines are met on high volume assignments
- Exercising sound judgement and professional scepticism in reviewing service charge expenditure, assuming responsibility for all aspects of file completion
- Reviewing the work of junior team members and providing feedback
- Managing the overall dedicated team on a day-to-day basis
- Acting as a major point of contact for the client together with the Director / Partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Leading client meetings
- Building strong and sustainable client relationships, especially at senior management level
- Developing a strong commercial understanding of the clients’ business
- Capturing client feedback and ensuring it is addressed and effectively communicated to the delivery team
- Overseeing financial management of the project, including monitoring billing, reviewing performance against budget, performing monthly write-offs and revenue releases
- Ensuring that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to and high quality documents are delivered
- Keeping up to date with industry developments including technical guidance
- Sharing knowledge within the team and facilitating research and personal development
- Bringing new project and business opportunities to the attention of Senior Management
- Acting as an ambassador of the firm, participating in marketing events, keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggesting innovative products and services
- Having a good understanding of the GO/SCA strategy, both long and short term, and cascading this within the team
- Being proactive in driving forward business development
- Participating in recruitment activities
- Supervising, coaching, motivating and developing junior members of the team
- Delegating work appropriately within the team
- Being a counselling manager
- Leading transitions and client take-on where appropriate
- Working as a key part of the management team with other Global Outsourcing managers
- Involvement in department meetings and act as chair of some meetings
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Experience working in an accountancy practice or other financial environment
- Experience managing junior staff
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Experience providing assurance services desirable but not essential
We’re in it together:
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
Agile working at BDO (Workable):
WORKABLE is our approach to making working at BDO work for everyone. It’s a framework – including policies, guidance, tools, resources, and support – that offers flexibility and choice around how, when and where we do our work. WORKABLE gives BDO people the freedom they need to be able to work at their best. Because sometimes, the hub is the best environment to get things done, and sometimes we’re more productive working from home: WORKABLE gives us that choice.
We aim to offer you more choice and flexibility to plan around work and life, which can lead to improved wellbeing, access to more diverse projects and learning opportunities and increased job satisfaction.
We’re looking forward to the future:
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.