About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
Operate a cash register, maintain clean and orderly checkout areas whilst serving customers with great Customer Service skills. Follow SOPs including counting and recording the float before trading begins and upon close of trading in order to reduce losses
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure our guests are always in focus and strive to make them smile. Meet and serve our guests showing empathy and care. Willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
- Lead by example and a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our guests, and give them a good reason to return again and again.
- Always look at our store through the eyes of our customers. Have a daily dialogue with our guests to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants, then act based on their input.
- Ensure our guests have a great shopping experience always throughout the day as per company guideline.
- Ensuring that company's customers are well-attended to, assuring their needs are satisfied.
- Work efficiently and effectively in order to minimize queues.
- Maintaining clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Ensuring and maintaining adequate stock of printed stationary at required stock level.
- Responsible for proper cash handling and accurately process sales using cash registers, scanners or the available tools.
- Use different selling techniques to boost sales.
- Ensure to have always the final update regarding the current and upcoming IFB activities.
- To be fully knowledgeable about the IFB Menu.
- Be well updated on current and upcoming national legislation on food safety.
- Ensure to process customer’s payments quick and accurate.
- Assist other IFB co-workers as needed.
- Ensure that the IKEA FOOD Team knows how to act if an incident occurs through the Emergency Management Team.
- Actively work with the Chef to increase his knowledge and expertise in all areas of production
- Ensure the correct use of equipment at all times and reports breakdown or failure to the Chef
- Attend and participates in training sessions as required
- Work actively to make the IKEA store successful and high performing, today and tomorrow by attracting visitors, achieving sales growth and reasonable profitability, ensuring the satisfaction of guests and co-workers, and excellent operational performance as measured through our defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure the implementation and follow-up of the SOP rules and guidelines.
- Receiving payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. Follow the SOP pertaining to cash handling.
- Computing and recording transactions and ensuring 100% accuracy for all register transactions.
- Counting and recording the float before trading begins and upon close of trading.
General retailing experience:
- Previous service environment experience, ideally sales or hospitality - Minimum of 2 years.
- Secondary Degree
- Must have an interest and knowledge of culinary or foodservice industry
- Must have a strong customer focus
- Must have the ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, and constantly changing retail environment
- Must have multitasking capabilities
- Must be computer literate
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to build working relationships
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors
- Customer Focus
- Individual Accountability
- Continuous Improvement
- Personal Leadership
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.