Client Engagement Operations Coordinator - Senior
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: NASHVILLE, CHICAGO, DALLAS, ALPHARETTA, ATLANTA, CHARLOTTE, PHILADELPHIA, PITTSBURGH, CLEVELAND, COLUMBUS
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The Client Engagement Operations Coordinator within EY’s FSO Tax Technology and Transformation (TTT) practice will give you the opportunity to further develop your skills while assisting our financial services clients in dealing with the operational challenges that their tax functions are facing today. We offer a broad array of services, including transformational program management, tax accounting, compliance process improvement, and enhancement of tax processes and/or technology to deal with ongoing legislative and regulatory changes. You will be working with clients to improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency of their tax functions and assist them to better connect with executive management.
Your key responsibilities
In this role you will handle a variety of duties related to the client engagements assigned. The main responsibility is to ensure an efficient movement of work items through a pre-defined process, assisting client engagement team members in learning the process and technologies, identifying and pro-actively resolving issues, and serving as a key point of contact between the client engagement team and other support teams involved in the development of client tax deliverables. You will also be challenged with identifying ways to improve operational effectiveness in tax functions, reviewing the process and controls that are in place including technology, looking at effectiveness of the various technology tools, and assisting in the implementation of process and technology changes.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow prescribed processes and assist others in doing the same
- Identification and escalation of program and project-level risks and issues
- Ability to understand workflow dependencies across numerous integrated services containing multiple workstreams or projects
- Have the demonstrated proactive ability to team with and motivate others, and willingness to develop meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 6 years of relevant work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 4-5 years of relevant work experience
- A Project Management Professional “PMP” or Lean Six Sigma certification, or the ability to get the certification within 1 year from when you join EY
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience using MS Project and/or other project management tools
- Exposure to the financial services industry, accounting/finance/tax, tax or finance performance improvement, tax software development and/or implementation
- We are looking for individuals that are proactive and self-motivated who have a willingness to learn new skills and approaches to challenges that our clients are facing in today’s climate. You will need to be an analytical thinker and problem solver who has the ability to come up with innovative solutions.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries), and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.