Data Analyst, officer
Who we are looking for:
The Data Development team in SSGA Interactive Hangzhou will work closely with SSGA business representatives, Hangzhou Project team, Boston Data Management team, and Bangalore Data Support Team in an integrated global support model. The team is responsible for developing marketing/accounting/performance/analytics data sources mainly supporting Global ETF website/artifacts, analyzing and documenting data development solutions, ensuring delivered data quality, monitoring daily data, troubleshooting, supporting production issues on-demand, and filling ad-hoc data queries.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions, and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions, and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Data Analyst you will:
- Conduct in-depth analysis of project requirements, document business and functional requirements describing the feed, data, and service process.
- Provide daily management and processing of feed data for all data processes within the department. Requires daily follow-up with vendors for feed revisions and corrective actions.
- Perform production data support to cover APAC morning time in working days and back up the global team in Boston/Bangalore on holidays.
- Work with project team during project life cycle.
- Monitor ETF websites/artifacts published data on daily base based on global support model.
- Provide professional data expertise for projects and ad-hoc business queries.
- Work within a team structure as a member of a larger project team to define, document, and implement data requirements for all size projects.
- These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Knowledge of financial marketing/accounting/performance/analytics data.
- Familiar with data delivery systems, files, and applications.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and desire to collaborate with others in a team environment.
- Innovative outlook and a customer-centric point of view.
- Exemplary English Language skills (Reading / Writing / Verbal).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Data development/operations in finance institutions
- Technique background
- FactSet knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree with finance concentration desired.
- 5+ years of business experience in finance industry.
- Expertise in following areas is a plus –
- Financial Applications analysis
- Familiarity with UNIX
- CFA or other professional certificates/training.
- Multi-tasking capabilities.
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.