Analyst, Transfer Agency (Graduate Opportunity)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Transfer Agency (TA) provide administration services to fund management companies covering the full range of Investor servicing functions such as dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions, and statements. The Fund Service Centre is the contact centre for the TA department.
Reporting to the team Leader, the Analyst Representative on the contact centre team acts as a primary resource for investors, internal partners, and third-party contacts, regarding mutual funds, partnerships, and Transfer Agency processing. The representative provides accurate and timely transaction processing, verbal and written investor communication, and exceptional client service.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responds to account inquiries via in-bound phone calls and email,
- Makes outbound calls to investors and internal partners to resolve account requests that are not in good order,
- Monitor and report on various client queries and make recommendations where applicable to your Team Leader on procedure changes to enhance the Customer experience,
- Processes mutual fund orders, processes account maintenance requests, and provides general information on funds to investors and internal partners,
- Complete and distribute internal reporting on team KPIs (key performance indicators) as requested,
- Responsible for following established guidelines, identifying and resolving problems, and ensuring that follow up is completed for research items,
- Develops a strong knowledge of the core aspects and business functions of a Transfer Agency,
- Develops a strong knowledge of the various business applications critical to investor and account servicing, including on-line tools, and seeks to expand knowledge to maintain the highest standards of client servicing,
- Works well independently and effectively as a team member,
- Ensure your own tasks and responsibilities are completed within the correct time scales and to the right level of quality & accuracy,
- Fulfil additional and relevant tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements as outlined by your Team Leader,
- Expected to use initiative, but refer more complex problems to more senior team members/supervisors,
- Identifies service efficiency enhancements, process improvements, and service delivery using creative and proactive measures,
- Maintain updated knowledge of Northern Trust and Third-Party fund products and services, regulatory, and compliance requirements
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- A College or University degree and/or some relevant related industry experience is preferred but not essential
- Experience working in a contact center or a customer facing role, ideally in financial services is an advantage but not a necessity
- Basic funds industry knowledge is preferred
- Knowledge of the NT (Northern Trust) organisation
- Interpersonal (relationship building, respect, inclusion, problem solving, and understanding).
- Customer focused.
- Communication (listening skills, oral communication skills, information sharing, and written communication skills).
- Ability to work on own initiative and to set deadlines.
- Thinking (decision making, idea generation, analytical mind set and a problem solver).
- Leadership (direction, idea generation, knowledge sharing and team recognition).
- Computer literate (e.g., ability to use Excel, Word, and other Office applications competently).
- Attention to detail and strong eye for accuracy.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.Additional Information
- Campus : New Grad
- Campus Cycle: 2021-22