Assoc Acctnt, Fund Acctng
The Unitized Valuation and Reporting Services (UVRS) division determines Net Asset Values (NAVs) for Defined Contribution plans such as 401(k) plans and Defined Benefit plans on a daily basis. The group consist of large corporate or public fund client’s with portfolios containing equities, mutual funds, derivatives and/or fixed income securities to create the daily valuation NAVs. In addition, UVRS produces Annual client reporting statements as well as 5500’s supplement or GASB reporting to clients.
This is an entry-level position with great career path opportunities. Associate Accountant will go through Northern Trust’s training program and will be able to complete the daily valuation of their assigned Clients. The candidate will be supported in a team environment as they continue to build on their accounting skills. The candidate should be willing to learn and adapt to change, have the ability to work in a team environment, and have a basic conceptual understanding of the financial markets. Analytical, attention to detail, as well organizational skills are required to research and resolve inquiries within scheduled timeframes to meet client deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
Work as part of a team to meet client expectations by auditing and providing the daily Net Asset Value, monthly and annual client portfolio reporting.
- Determine Net Asset Value (NAVs) for defined contribution or defined benefit plans on a daily basis.
- Evaluate and reconcile financial instruments including mutual funds, equities, fixed income and derivatives for production of client daily and monthly reporting needs.
- Analyze the impact of transactions, income positions, accruals, and corporate actions on the investment options.
- Audit and resolve exceptions on assigned accounts according to procedures and within scheduled timeframes.
- Assist in the timely preparation of portfolio statements in accordance with GAAP and performance standards.
- Record and respond to partner and client inquiries related to accounts on their desk
- Be able to work in a team environment and assist other associates where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting preferred or relevant work experience in Institutional Fund Accounting or Mutual Fund Accounting.
- Microsoft Office and/or Outlook skills a plus.
- Experience in FIS Accounting Applications a plus.
- Work Schedule are generally 10:30 am to 7:00 pm cst and will vary depending on time zones.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.