Finance and Business Operations |Finance – Decision Support (DS CoE)
Department Overview and Role Summary
A Finance Analyst position within Walton Oaks (near Walton-on-the-hill, Surrey) will take place in the Decision Support Centra of Excellence (abbreviated to DS CoE). This Finance team is accountable for undertaking financial management reporting and analysis to support Finance colleagues across Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Key stakeholders will include Finance Analysts, Senior Finance Analysts, Finance Managers, Senior Finance Managers and Finance Directors from a variety of countries.
Finance Analysts will be responsible for, but not limited to, conducting the following key activities:
- Management Reporting and Finance Reporting Analytics; Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting (PBF); Presentation development and preparation, Data Validation, and Report consolidation and submission.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will assist Finance leaders in their role of providing financial management and analysis services. Activities will include:
- Preparing and validating the accuracy of Financial Management Reports. This includes reports with high visibility to senior management such as Revenue and P&L Reporting
- Significant involvement in Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting with preparation of variance/KPI reporting and system submission support.
- Data collection – Gather data from internal Pfizer systems and external non-Pfizer systems and sources necessary as required.
- Root Cause Research - Researching business related variances, identify variances as manual accounting error or legitimate business movements
- Ensuring productive collaboration between the various sub teams within the DS CoE Finance Team.
- Performing ad-hoc investigations and analytical reporting as required.
- Working with a variety of technology – including various Financial systems used by Pfizer, as well as new technologies such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Dashboarding Tools etc.
- Involvement in team-based projects within the DS CoE Finance Team.
- Prepare written commentary on reports and analysis
- Understand and apply knowledge of the systems landscape, particularly sources of information necessary for the completion of management reporting and analysis requests
- Understand and apply knowledge of best practices for data extraction and manipulation
Type of person we are looking for, in relation to ‘Skills’, ‘Knowledge’ and ‘Motivation’:
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office capabilities, particularly Excel
- Analytical with the ability to translate large amounts of data and information into actionable insights
- Competency with spreadsheets & financial modeling (comfort with data manipulation and financial systems)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Self-assurance to liaise with Pfizer personnel at all levels
- Ability to generate creative and innovative ideas
- Enthusiastic and pro-active approach
- 1 – 5 years’ experience
- Would suit an ACCA Student/Affiliate based within commuting distance of Walton-on-the-Hill