A growing CPA accounting and tax firm in Pickering, Ontario, serving small and medium sized businesses, seeking a full time experienced accountant to join our team.
Candidates for this position should preferably have experience in a public accounting firm and have a solid foundation in performance of full cycle bookkeeping functions.
You will be expected to work beyond normal working hours as and when required to meet tax deadlines and during tax season.
Compensation is based on experience and qualifications
DUTIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Full cycle bookkeeping and financial statements preparation
- Payroll preparation
- Year-end working paper preparation using Caseware/excel
- Corporation, HST and personal tax preparation and filing
- Communicating with clients, CRA and other government agencies
- Administrative duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Proficient in Quickbooks (desktop & online), Simply Accounting and Microsoft office
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly organised, ability to manage multiple tasks and to work under pressure
- Flexible, dedicated and extremely detail oriented individual
- Must take ownership of your role
- Strong interpersonal skills
EDUCATIONAL AND PAST EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting degree or diploma required
- Minimum five years bookkeeping experience
- Knowledge of personal and corporate taxes
Language: Fluent English (Required)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.