Senior Manager Business Performance
See yourself in our team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology delivers the Group’s information technology and banking operations functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
Technology & Operations (Tech & Ops) Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology division and the Chief Operations Office.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Tech & Ops Finance’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
Your team’s primary roles is to:
- Provide insights, analysis and advice in relation to past and future financial performance
- Provide robust financial control and effective management reporting
- Provide decision support and reporting for Technology strategic initiatives and investment programs
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights to drive better business outcomes and provide commercial support, including cost optimisation and simplification
- Provide guidance and advice to the business leaders on the financial performance of the business, the financial plans and forecasts and the financial impacts of change initiatives
Do work that matters
This role is responsible for assisting the Executive Manager to provide financial and support to Global Technology Services (GTS). GTS provides group-wide technology services encompassing Technology Infrastructure, Cloud Computing, Data Centres, Networks, End User Computing, Service Operations, Enterprise Tooling and is driving key Technology Transformation programs.
Financial support includes:
- Monthly management reporting, variance analysis and commentary for both BAU and investment portfolios
- Maintenance of rigorous financial control, including balance sheet reconciliations
- ES Business stakeholder management
- Driver based annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Providing commercial and strategic financial insights to stakeholders
- Involvement in ad-hoc financial analysis and broader insights to drive tangible value
- Identification and implementation of ongoing process improvements
- Business Partner for 4 Technology EGM areas: Strategy & Performance, CIO Technology, Chief Controls Office and CBA India
- Lead monthly reporting, financial reporting, planning and forecasting processes
- Deliver clear & concise MI
- Provide insightful analysis of financials and strong understanding of key business drivers
- Build strong & effective business relationship with key stakeholders through provision of superior financial management, commercial and decision support
- Drive process improvement culture with focus on simplifying processes
- Risk focus: identify and escalate issues to ensure appropriate risk management and financial control practices are in place
- Constructively challenge team and stakeholders as and when required
- Lead team to high level of delivery, prioritise and manage team workload
- Ability to attract, retain and develop talent with support from Executive Manager
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA or CPA qualified (or equivalent) with around 5yrs post qualification experience
- Commercial finance experience ideally from major bank or large corporate
- Technology Sector experience highly valued
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written) with ability to interact effectively with senior management and manage senior stakeholder
- Commercial acumen, able to understand and articulate the bigger picture and link back to financials
- Ability to shape and drive resolution of issues, track record of delivery and driving outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills, great proactive and collaborative attitude
- Strong people leader, ability to build a strong team culture, develop team capability, prioritise & manage workload, elevate team performance
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 23/01/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.