Manager, Group Planning & Forecasting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
This role is in the Group Planning & Forecasting team, which provides financial support to the CEO, CFO, Executive Leadership Team and Board. Working closely with Group Strategy, Business Unit Finance teams, Treasury and Risk; the team’s areas of focus include:
- Ownership of the Group’s Planning & Forecasting process;
- Formulating actionable insights including scenario analysis on the low interest rate environment, expense analysis and capital management;
- Providing financial insights into CBA’s portfolio of products and businesses;
- Strategic analysis on the allocation of investment, capital, and cost targets;
- Ad-hoc analysis to guide senior management decisions.
The purpose of the role is to help deliver the key Group Planning and Forecasting deliverables including the annual planning process, monthly forecasts, and other ad-hoc analysis relating to the strategic direction of the Group.
This role will have a key focus on the delivery of actionable insights, data analytics and process re-engineering.
Do work that matters
- Ownership of the monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc analysis with a focus on providing insights;
- Articulate key business drivers, provide critical insights to drive debate, and deliver value-add analysis of all the Group products and businesses for the CEO, CFO, Executive Leadership Team and Board;
- Formulate actionable insights including scenario analysis on the low interest rate environment, expense analysis and capital management;
- Provide advanced financial modelling and data analysis on an ad-hoc basis;
- Help manage the Group’s planning and forecasting processes and deliverables, with a mandate for continuous improvement and process re-engineering (focused on accuracy, timeliness and functionality);
- Help set thoughtful financial targets for all Group businesses;
- Build and maintain productive relationships with a range of stakeholders including senior members of Finance, Treasury and Risk teams;
- Help drive team goals and priorities including a strong and vibrant team culture, continuous process improvement, actionable insights, ad-hoc analysis and effective coordination of all planning and forecasting processes.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA qualification
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Proficient in complex problem solving
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Services and banking products
- Ability to present analysis to senior stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management, in particular with senior stakeholders
- Advanced competency in Microsoft based products (including Excel and PowerPoint)
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 31/01/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.