Depositary Services Specialist (12 Months Fixed Term), Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
An opportunity exists for an ambitious person to work in a dynamic and flexible environment to assist in the formulation and implementation of depositary oversight policy and procedures. Reporting to Senior Manager, this position is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to all areas of Depositary Oversight experience in a rapidly growing department and changing regulatory environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible forAs Depositary Services Specialist (12 Months Fixed Term), Senior Associate you will
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing composition of NAV calculations/Fund administration and testing of key controls
- Responding to client queries in accordance with Department standards.
- Review of distributions and performance fees paid by funds
- Review and comment on draft prospectuses and financial statements
- Devising work programmes and schedules
- Review of portfolio of funds to ensure compliance with Regulatory investment restriction and borrowing power limits on a daily and monthly basis.
- Ensuring breaches are rectified in a timely manner on the Regulatory register once resolved.
- Testing of compliance monitoring systems and reporting thereon.
- Assist with review of the operational departments in order to ensure funds are being administered in accordance with fund documentation/Regulations
- Escalating issues to senior management
What we value:
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Fund accounting or previous Depositary/Trustee experience preferential
- Knowledge of the Funds Industry is essential
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Investment Restriction monitoring experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.