Let’s talk numbers. When it comes to UK retail, it’s hard to find a bigger name. We sell thousands of items an hour and are expanding our Online business by the second. For anyone in Finance, this is the place to learn. To grow. And to thrive.
Specifically, you can join our Commercial Finance team. It’s true, Next never stands still. And neither do we. As a company that’s evolving every minute, naturally new ideas and investment opportunities are always being explored. And we’re right at the heart of the decision-making process, with our financial modelling influencing every choice. Yes, we’re built up by financial experts. But we’re a special breed. Who knows how the commercial world works, and are ready to thrive in it.
Within the Overseas and Marketing Finance team you will be the Assistant Accountant responsible for providing support to the Overseas Finance Manager and Team in analysing and reporting on the activity of each country and International partner.
Our Overseas operation is extremely high profile with meetings every month between several main Board Directors and senior operational managers where both the current operation and future opportunities are reviewed. This role assists in preparing a significant amount of the analysis discussed and presented at this meeting; therefore we need absolute stars working on them.
The Overseas website has experienced strong growth over the past 5 years growing from a turnover of £234m to £500m+ in the year ending Jan 21. Throughout this rapid expansion Next has maintained a healthy profitability and opportunities have been developed weighing up an improved level of service against increasing costs.
This role as a Finance Analyst in our Online Oversea and Marketing Finance team is pivotal in producing accurate and timely analysis to support countless opportunities.
Located within our Leicestershire Head Office, our Online Overseas and Marketing Finance team is responsible for delivering finance support to key stakeholders across the business for a variety of purposes including:
About the role:
- Reporting on Overseas and Marketing activity - this includes daily sales reporting, weekly activity review packs to include key performance indicators both of our digital marketing and of sales performance.
- Reporting on new developments - supporting the decision making process with key pre and post launch analysis indicating the relative successes of new developments.
- Assisting in the proposal of new development opportunities - using the results of previous tests or developments to forecast the potential success of new developments.
- Ad Hoc queries - On an adhoc basis you will be asked to verify and/or investigate variances or anomalies for key stakeholders or you will receive requests for information regarding overseas or marketing activity.
- CIMA/ACCA or ACA Qualified, or Part Qualified
- IT literate - Excel (Essential)
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate information clearly
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure delivery of work to timescales and the ability to prioritise own workload.
You’ve got all the potential. So, we’ll support you while you study towards a professional qualification. This means you’ll be learning, living and thriving at the same time. With the opportunity to practice what you hear, as you hear it. And be exposed to experienced colleagues and managers that will help you level up. Every day.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.