General Accounting Operations Practitioner
Job Title: ICO/INV/REV REC Team Lead
Reporting to: AFC
Department: Services –Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
Level: Level 9 – FTC [11months]
Location: Client Site, Dublin / WFH
Accenture provides integrated finance and accounting services to a large global technology corporation, across six global delivery locations. The engagement spans one hundred and twenty-five countries and includes over five hundred individual roles worldwide incorporating thirty-six languages. In Dublin, a local twelve-person team supports the client operation with Record to Report processes.
Brief description of the role
Lead of a team responsible for the day to day delivery of statutory and month-end accounting processes for a large multinational client.
We are looking for strong accountant who can hit the ground running and ideally candidates who have a strong background in:
- intercompany accounting
- inventory accounting [to be offshored as part of re-org; minimal effort to assist transition]
- Month end close: support the existing team with the execution of the monthly close processes of client legal entities within SLA and to tight deadlines. This includes rebate accrual, revenue recognition, Intercompany reconciliation, etc. All activities will occur in a multiple currency environment.
- SOX review: support the team with Journal Entry and Reconciliation preparation and review activity using workflow tools, ensuring that both pass Accenture and client Internal Control testing as well as third party SOX compliance testing.
- Improve: initiate, manage and get involved in projects to improve process efficiency and effectiveness. This can involve interaction with client and third parties in multiple global locations.
- Manage: Auditor and client queries in a prompt manner (both internal & external).
- Coach: Staff members to ensure a high standard of service is provided, even above Service Level Agreements.
- Manage Client Relationship: In a client facing role, interact with client on day to day activities.
- AD hoc activities: Support of the Assistant Controller and greater with projects as they arise.
Qualifications Should Include:
- University Degree in business, finance or equivalent qualification would be preferable.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Minimum 5 years of financial accounting experience including having played a central role in a financial reporting team, demonstrating ability to prepare reconciliations and management accounts to external audit, SOX and Internal Controls and Compliance standard.
- Multinational experience a distinct advantage
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, working knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
- Action oriented: Pursues work with energy, drive, and a strong accomplishment orientation
- Strong communication skills: Writes, speaks, and presents information effectively and persuasively to the team, client and the wider Accenture organisation
- Drive for results and timelines: Continually focuses on achieving positive, concrete results contributing to client’s and Accenture’s business success
- Planning / co-ordinating: Ability to prioritise tasks to achieve primary objective within tight deadlines
- Decision making: Ability to make timely decisions on treatment of monthly adjustments using technical knowledge to ensure compliance & controls are not compromised
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.