Associate, Business Tax
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, People Advisory Services, Indirect Tax Services, as well as International andTransaction Tax Services.
Our business tax services help clients succeed by assisting them with the strategic and operational challenges facing their tax functions, analyzing tax opportunities and benefits, and providing tax-related domestic and cross-border planning as well as compliance services individuals and corporations Be part of the team that works closely with clients to build sustainable tax strategies; improve processes, controls and risk management; and supports clients in managing effective relationships with tax authorities.
Your key responsibilities:
You’ll spend a large portion of your time directly engaged in compliance projects for our clients. You’ll work with our diverse client portfolio. In the process, you’ll strengthen your commercial, legislative and industry sector knowledge, and you’ll establish valuable business relationships and networks. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Helping businesses meet ever-growing and increasingly complex tax demands by having a deep understanding of relevant legislation
- Keeping up to date with ongoing trends and changes to legislation that will affect planning activities
- Working with businesses to meet complex demands for tax reporting, compliance and planning, and tax policy and controversy
- Display outstanding communication skills and the ability to manage client relationships effectively
- Coach and develop our junior teams
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A degree in Accountancy/Taxation/Business related discipline, or equivalent qualification
- Minimum2 complete years (for Associate level) of relevant work experience is required
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Expertise in time management, and the ability to adapt to change under pressure
- A highly collaborative approach to work
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience working in professional services companiesand accreditation by SCTP
What we look for:
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer:
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.