Trainee Chartered Accountant
Role: Trainee Chartered Accountant (Graduate) - Dublin
Department: Assurance & Business Services
If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, looking after the financial affairs of individuals, families, and businesses for more than a century. We offer a wide range of end-to-end services to meet client needs throughout their life, and at every stage of their business lifecycle.
Our trainee schemes are structured training programmes combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management and delivering presentations.
What will you be doing?
The Trainee Chartered Accountant role equips you to provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups.
On-the-job training and studying towards your professional qualification will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing an understanding of our clients and their businesses
- Highlighting issues and problems
- Becoming familiar with our audit software
- Resolving queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Working as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks for our diverse client base
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) qualification
- Must have some accountancy experience whether it be as part of your degree or work experience
- Obtained or on course for at least a 2:2 honours degree
- Minimum 400 Leaving Certificate points (or equivalent)
- Leaving Certificate O2 or H5 in Maths and English (or equivalent)
What training and development will you receive?
- A full study support package including paid study leave
- Continuous structured training allowing you to develop your skills throughout the graduate programme from our dedicated learning and development team
- Daily on the job training from senior staff on the team allowing you to learn and grow your experience which will drive your progression in the role
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.