Client Solutions and Business Manager, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The InfraHedge group sits in the UK within the Alternatives division and is State Street’s managed account platform aimed at institutional investors. It provides an independent governance and risk management infrastructure for investment in alternative assets, especially hedge funds. Typical clients are large asset owners, institutional asset managers, sovereign wealth funds and fund of hedge funds.
The London team is responsible for business development, product development, implementation/onboarding of new clients for InfraHedge and its remit is expanding into supporting Private Markets clients on the new Alpha for Private Markets product offering as well as Private Equity administration clients.
This role will involve both client engagement and SME Support for Sectors as well as supporting the UK COO, Alternatives and the Head of Implementation in the aspects required to provide InfraHedge services to global clients and Alpha for Private Markets services for UK clients.
Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the UK Alternatives team with a focus on InfraHedge and Alpha for Private Markets. It is an important time in the evolution of the Alternatives business in EMEA as the team is expanding its opportunity set to support the growth targets for the division. Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As AVP Client Solutions and Business Manager, you will
Support business development by:
- Co-ordinating product expansion deliverables across multiple functions, geographies and working with multiple stakeholders including the business and technology teams
- Help the team in creating specifications and overall thought process of a new solution
- Act as SME to provide sector sales support
- New business/expansion requests for internal approval
- Support to the onboarding of new clients including:
- Managing new deal procedures including AML, Global Transitions Risk Assessment and New Business and Product Review Approval process where necessary
- Project management for operational onboarding
- Support client/relationship management by:
- Administration of periodic client call activities, including attendance on call, tracking of deliverables, production of client packs and working with client to identify new business opportunities
- Relationship Management support on issues and development tracking including where necessary onsite meetings and direct client contact.
- Project management of large change requests and client due diligence visits.
- Ensure that the business is delivering the client services it is contracted to provide through monitoring adherence to client contracts, client KPIs, and through regular meetings with clients on service received.
- Support the chief administrative office by:
- Overseeing internal outsourced arrangements, including review and challenge of management information from the internal providers, escalation of any issues and management of change/improvement plans.
- Supporting the Outsourcing Oversight Manager on reconciliations/attestations of outsourcing inventory, documentation of necessary SLAs, review of Outsourcing Assessment Documents and attendance at outsourcing working groups.
- Coordinating and documenting third party risk management (vendor) reviews and maintaining repository of contracts.
- Refining monthly management information system process and then taking responsibility for managing it on an ongoing basis, so that business management is abreast of all material issues in business.
What we value
- Relationship-building skills.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Able to plan and organise resources.
- Adept at making presentations to internal and external meetings including groups.
- Able to conduct an interview/meeting/staff review/client meeting.
- Displays a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role.
- Supports the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- The role requires a university degree and solid experience in financial services (with a good working knowledge of the alternatives industry).
- Additional investment qualifications preferred (e.g. CFA or CAIA) or relevant direct experience in Hedge funds, Private Equity or other investment management.
- Given the wide range of internal and external interactions, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, including the desire and ability to be placed in challenging situations with clients and prospective clients.
- We are looking for a mature self-starter, who is results-orientated and displays project management, problem-solving, analytical and skills. Working knowledge of asset management and legal structures is desired.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.