Corporate Audit Digital Assets Assurance, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
This role will lead Corporate Audit’s Digital Assets Assurance team, which is responsible for engagements that focus on State Street Digital business, a new division established in 2021, as well as the existing Global Link business unit. You will lead a team of auditors to understand and assess risks and related business and technology controls that span digital assets and traditional asset topics and products.
This role will develop, own and be accountable for the global client relationship and assurance plan over State Street Digital division’s activities. This includes managing relationships with the business, ensuring that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards and developing audit teams skillsets. This role will include responsibilities for continuous monitoring over product development by the new division and will require the candidate to successfully develop a depth of knowledge and expertise in digital assets topics, risks and control best practices.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Digital Assets Audit Managing Director you will
- Define and execute a risk-based plan for coverage of the State Street Digital division
- Build and maintain digital assets and technology assurance skillsets on a global team
- Develop and implement division’s education plan on digital assets risks
- Proactively engage with State Street Digital management with responsibility for global relationship
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in evaluating and testing developing products
- Influence effective and sustainable improvements to processes and controls through insights gained based on risk and control expertise
- Manage, coach and develop staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes
- Champion continuous improvement in the department
- Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including audit findings, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management
- Participate as a non-voting member of various steering committees, management working groups, promoting balanced discussions and encouraging challenge and debate
- Provide insight on the evolving technology regulatory environment and interact with regulators
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent analytical, written communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong client relationship and employee management skills
- Ability to think strategically and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Industry recognized certification like CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP or CISM beneficial
- 13+ years of experience with assurance, including over financial services and technology innovation
- Proven ability to learn innovative products and technologies and execute related assurance
- Deep experience with assurance in a number of the following: blockchain and distributed ledger technology, cryptocurrency, custody of digital assets, tokenization, ITGC controls, public and private cloud, system integration, risk management, data analytics
- Audit experience in public accounting or internal audit, focusing on regulated industries
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing diverse teams, and overseeing multiple large-scale projects
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you receive an offer and accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.