Senior Business Advisor - Ipswich
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
As a Senior Business Advisor you will be required to work closely with and support senior members of the team in the timely delivery of services. You will work independently and be accountable for the delivery of the project to the manager for review, being the first point of contact for our clients throughout the project. In addition to accounting capabilities, you will have a rounded business knowledge able to analyse client data, make recommendations and talk credibly to clients on the issues they face such as current trading position, future outlook and legislative changes.
You will be involved in the preparation of year-end accounts from client records; reviewing management accounts and VAT returns; and preparing and interpreting KPI reports and analysis.
We’ll help you succeed
- Prepare statutory financial statements under UK GAAP
- Plan delivery of work on your own portfolio; plan bookings, brief juniors and monitor performance to ensure completion of job
- Complete first review of work undertaken (year-end accounts/management accounts/VAT returns) and liaise with client to resolve queries before submitting to manager for review
- Be the day-to-day contact for your allocated portfolio, escalating issues to more senior members of the team where appropriate
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
- Complete the client-take-on procedures for new clients, to include preparing engagement letters for manager and partner review
- Where appropriate, attend year-end client meetings with the Partner/Manager to present results and topical matters
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages (Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks) and Caseware
- Working efficiently and as part of a team to deliver work on a timely basis and to the required standard
- Monitors WIP on own portfolio; understands scope, fees and project negotiations and identifies opportunities for additional fees on own portfolio
- Understands the client business context to ensure we continue to deliver relevant solutions and good value
- Updates the team regularly with progress reports and actively contributes to the development of others in the team by providing timely feedback
- Supervises the work of others when needed
- Seeks greater responsibility and rises to the challenge
- Is robust under pressure and calmly faces challenging situations
- Is sought out by colleagues as a valuable source of advice and support
- Makes suggestions and offers potential solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Displays energy and enthusiasm and is focused on achieving results
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud accounting packages including Xero is desirable
- Experience of managing people and developing others
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
Agile working at BDO (Workable):
WORKABLE is our approach to making working at BDO work for everyone. It’s a framework – including policies, guidance, tools, resources, and support – that offers flexibility and choice around how, when and where we do our work. WORKABLE gives BDO people the freedom they need to be able to work at their best. Because sometimes, the hub is the best environment to get things done, and sometimes we’re more productive working from home: WORKABLE gives us that choice.
We aim to offer you more choice and flexibility to plan around work and life, which can lead to improved wellbeing, access to more diverse projects and learning opportunities and increased job satisfaction.
We’re looking forward to the future:
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fueling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.