GD Simplification Project Manager, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for:
This position has responsibility for the planning and execution of project deliverables individually and for the team
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Simplification Project Manager, AVP you will
- Leads the end-to-end planning and management of a small to medium project or a component of a large project.
- Under direct supervision, plans, organizes and controls the activities of cross-functional project teams.
- Develop and maintains an end-to-end project plan.
- Coordinate project scope control.
- Coordinate project staffing.
- Coordinate overall project communications, risks, and issues resolution.
- Under direction, manages end-to-end project budget.
- Coordinate project tracking and reporting.
- Coordinate on time and on budget delivery.
- Coordinate communication with sponsors and management concerning the project status and Issues.
- Can also serve as manager of a release within a program.
- Identifies and uses best practices for project management.
- Clearly communicate both verbally and in written format.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitates a collaborative solution.
- These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage large, complex projects throughout the project life cycle and manage project teams on tight time frames.
- Ability to manage through complex issues and realign priorities and deliverables to ensure milestones and targets are achieved.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills with demonstrated ability to work across global SSC business lines.
- Strong prioritization management and resource management skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 7 plus years of financial services and/or project management experience.
- Strong PC skills, including office applications and project scheduling and flowcharting software.
- Expertise with project management methodology and tools and experienced with budget and cost tracking.
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the "Apply" Button below.