Corporate Tax Advisor - Open to flexible working
Our commitment to grow with purpose has seen the EY corporate tax practice continue to develop new and exciting relationships with more high profile clients across a number of exciting sectors nationally.
Within tax, EY’s purpose is to connect our exceptional people with technology and data to become our clients’ most trusted partner. We are passionate about helping our clients solve some of their biggest business challenges whilst being committed to investing in our people to become the tax professional of the future.
We also recognise that having a strong accounting background is the foundation for an exceptional career experience in corporate tax. As a result of this continued growth across our client base and strong pipeline of new work, our Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) corporate tax teams are seeking candidates with an assurance background, and relevant accounting qualification, who are passionate about exploring a career in corporate tax and who want to work with our global client base to build a better working world.
What we can offer
You may have already had some exposure to UK corporate tax as part of your current role, however, to aid your transition into a career in corporate tax with EY, upon joining you will attend a 6-week tax bootcamp with your fellow new joiners. At our tax bootcamp you will be immersed in our GCR business to understand how we work as a team that acts as the anchor relationship for our wider tax practice whilst learning the fundamentals of UK corporate tax and tax accounting.
In particular you will learn about:
- Client centricity and commercial acumen
- Corporate tax technical training
- Tax accounting for both current and deferred tax
- The latest tax technology and how we use this to help clients make better informed decisions
- How we are helping clients transform their tax function
All of this will be supported by live case study examples and access to senior leaders within our business to help you quickly develop your baseline knowledge and allow you to successfully transition into the exciting world of corporate tax in GCR.
In addition to this, upon successful completion of the tax bootcamp and satisfactory in-work performance we will also provide full study support towards the Charted Tax Advisors (CTA) qualification to further develop your tax knowledge.
Within our Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team, we elevate corporate tax compliance and reporting for our clients, to provide a stable foundation that builds trust, delivers insight, and drives transformation.
You will join a team that typically leads the tax relationship for client base, acting as the anchor, and as a result you will be exposed to a wider variety of business issues.
We lead and deliver large and complex tax accounting services, delivering quality and tax technical excellence to our clients. Focussing on a variety of projects such as delivering fully outsourced tax accounting services, Group reporting, advisory, and large tax audits.
We also deliver a range of business tax services covering tax compliances and tax advisory services.
By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies and cutting-edge tax technologies we work with a wide range of large and complex multinational companies, to help them develop and implement effective, practical, and sustainable tax operations.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide exceptional client service and contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services
- Focus on the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business approach taken
- Working collaboratively with other tax specialist teams
- Maintain relationships with clients both existing and new grow relationships both within the firm and externally with clients
Skills and attributes for success
- A keen interest in developing tax technical skills
- Ability to grow strong client relationships
- Ability to identify areas of risk
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of the team
To qualify for the role, you must have
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements.
- Excellent communication and a collaborative approach to management
- UK GAAP and IFRS knowledge
What we look for
- Good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
- Team player, ability to integrate with new teams quickly
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers, and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise, and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.