Assurance Associate - Guernsey
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
To manage your time effectively, working across a small number of engagements whilst receiving support and encouragement from your team/s, and reporting directly to the senior/supervisor. The role requires commitment to develop and build upon your technical knowledge as you progress up towards senior level, so it’s vital to ask questions to show your willingness to learn in both a team and individual manner. You will play a vital role in helping us Build a Better Working World for the future of Assurance.
Your key responsibilities
Your responsibilities will be split across two areas; your clients and your people/teams:
- To prepare accurate assurance and audit documentation for review.
- Take responsibility for a nominated area(s) of smaller engagements.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the audit process to develop your knowledge
- Complete the work/tasks allocated to you by your team/supervisor.
- Manage your work alongside your studies, keeping your team and supervisor up to date with periods that you may be out of the business to allow them to make provisions.
- Build your understanding of potential client and business issues, for example by using the Firm’s resources.
- Gather and analyse new and prior year data, to perform detailed audit testing.
- Build and develop an effective working relationship with clients and their staff.
- Seek out opportunities to build, expand and share knowledge.
- Keep your direct supervisor updated as necessary/as agreed, with progress reports and potential issues.
- Be proactive about your own learning and development.
- Seek feedback on your personal performance and areas for improvement.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Motivation to study towards the ACCA or ICAS professional qualification
- Communication and teaming skills
- a passport that allows you to work in the Channel Islands (local or UK)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project and task management skills
- Strong IT skills
What we look for
We look for motivated individuals who are looking to take the next step in their career. We’re looking for someone who is striving to develop towards a management role, to project manage numerous engagements across the financial services industry in due course, whilst driving a high-performance working culture across teams. The successful candidate must be able to manage numerous commitments, including but not subject to; coaching, project management, and business development to ensure they can help us contribute to Building a Better Working World.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.