Tax Associate Analyst - Financial Services - Fiduciary Trust Tax Services - The Cayman Islands
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join our Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
When you join EY, you’ll be at the heart of the Firm's critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute — building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to spend your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks, supporting client engagements by participating in day-to-day interactions with team members, providing a quality work product and driving delivery of services to meet deadlines. You will support the Fiduciary/Trust Tax Services practice with the preparation and delivery of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting for agency, custody and fiduciary accounts for tax compliance engagements with banks, wealth management firms, trust companies and law firms. You’ll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
- Timely, efficient and accurate support of the production of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting in a volume-driven environment within deadline-driven time frames established by governmental agencies and as dictated by the performance standards set forth by the practice’s clients
- Balancing time between multiple projects and responsibilities, working with multiple engagement teams to serve multiple clients
- Understanding a variety of trust accounting systems with the ability to explain such differences to less experienced colleagues, and understanding how to obtain data and evaluate the accuracy of such data to provide for accuracy in tax reporting
- Analyzing bridged account data to identify potential errors and omissions and applying knowledge of basic tax concepts to make decisions and take action to modify tax coding or reporting pertaining to assets, transactions, income, expenses, and beneficiary allocations to support accuracy in tax reporting
- Managing internal and external communications, including requesting and documenting receipt of client authorizations and instructions, as well as other correspondence that is material to the tax compliance process using the tax software, basic software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, and proprietary client collaboration tools
- Communicating with client tax liaisons, client trust administration teams and client trust officers to gather required information, and obtain instruction or authorization necessary for timely, accurate production of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting
- Support billing and collections for tax compliance and related services
- Routine client data review related to sales, asset, account, beneficiary, and transaction data to identify and correct data bridging and/or tax coding errors based upon professional judgment, informed by training, documented guidance and knowledge of basic tax concepts
- Assist engagement team with reconciliation of client account database and tax filings to achieve complete, accurate and timely filing of tax returns; identifying and resolving reconciliation discrepancies
- Routinely communicating with immediate supervisor and colleagues to obtain guidance and instruction pertaining to performance of tax compliance activities, provide updates on status of work, and discuss recommendations concerning correction of client bridged-data to support accuracy and consistency in tax reporting
- Reconciling routine billing discrepancies
To qualify for the role,you must have
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience (Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent degree preferred)
- 1–2 years of experience
- Proficient in basic computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn other software applications
- Working knowledge of trust accounting systems and tax software applications, including ONESOURCE™ Trust Tax software
- Working knowledge of tax compliance and information reporting rules
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team, and assist with a variety of projects of varying degrees of complexity
- Leverage knowledge gained through education and on-the-job experience as well internal and external training and coaching to perform essential functions of the job
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in a professional services environment
- A proven record in fiduciary tax and a thorough understanding of fiduciary tax laws and concepts required to prepare US federal and state returns
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
- A proficiency in trust tax software
What we look for
We’re interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.