Audit Manager - Financial Services
Grant Thornton has experienced significant growth in recent years, and is regarded as the accountancy firm with the biggest organic growth in Ireland. Grant Thornton International has continued to achieve substantial growth annually, and is the 5th largest international accountancy network globally. In Ireland our audit and assurance department has grown considerably over the last number of years. Within the audit and assurance department our financial services division has experienced exceptional growth due to the continued success story of the financial services industry in Ireland along with our tracked record of delivering high quality services to a wide range of clients operating within the sector. We specialise in providing auditing and assurance services to the following market sectors:
- investment management - hedge funds, traditional investment funds, private equity funds, investment managers and stockbrokers
- banking and payments
- insurance - general insurance, re-insurance and captive insurance companies
- aircraft leasing
- special purpose vehicles and section 110 companies
- credit unions
- pension schemes
Arising from this growth we are seeking to strengthen our existing financial services audit team with audit managers to meet the needs of current and future clients operating within all of the sectors listed above.
You will be a fundamental part of a multi-disciplinary team working closely with our clients alongside partners and directors. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved in all aspects in the running of the department and the team. A keen interest in business development, exploring new business ideas and presenting them to the partner group is also required.
Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts competitive remuneration packages and ongoing career progression for the right candidate.
Duties & responsibilities
- Taking a responsibility for a portfolio of clients to ensure delivery of multi-disciplined services in line with engagement objectives, scope and budget.
- Lead and co-ordinate engagement teams to deliver services to clients within set deadlines.
- Assisting and motivating the team, allocating administration tasks (including staff and job allocation) job planning, training needs, staff issues, identification of resources required etc.)
- Acting as a technical resource for financial services covering a range of accounting standards to include IFRS, US GAAP and FRS 102. This will include training and the production of internal and external technical information.
- Ongoing supervision, training and development of staff to ensure that firm standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process.
- Managing work in progress, billing, cash collection and budgeting.
- Participate in business development activities including preparation and presentation of proposals.
- Proactively develop client relationships, working closely with client management to develop commercially focused solutions to issues identified.
- Proactively cross sell the product offering of the Business Unit and work closely with other areas to identify sales opportunities.
- Lead by example, demonstrating a clear ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities while maintaining the highest standards of quality and risk management.
- Work with client financial and regulatory reporting teams to help manage the preparation and review of statutory financial statements, and deliver other financial information.
- ACA/ ACCA/ CPA qualified with 5+ years’ PQE;
- Audit experience of financial services entities (or any recent audit experience together with other experience of working in the financial services sector)
- excellent communication skills (written and oral communication, especially report writing skills)
- strong technical competence including extensive knowledge of auditing and assurance standards and IFRS; working knowledge of US GAAP and FRS 102 are desirable
- the ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines
- project and portfolio management experience
- strong interpersonal skills, initiative and attention to detail
- strong commercial awareness and understanding of the financial sector and regulatory agenda
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.