Middle Office Senior Associate
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
The Middle Office Team in HedgeServ performs all trading desk support responsibilities required of large Multi-Strategy Hedge Funds. The Middle Office Senior Associate will work within the Middle Office team on such functions as electronic trade/deal capture; confirmation and settlements; issues resolution; cash and collateral management; technology development and valuations processing. The position will expose the Middle Office Senior Associate to all financial markets and products traded globally, including highly complex derivative instruments. In addition to that, you will get large exposure to live trading experience through our Portfolio Management System which is used by the Trading teams. The position boosts a very wide range of tasks across all facets of the trading cycle. Due to the size and nature of the team, there will be an expectation that the candidate can take on a high level of responsibility and work autonomously. There will also be a certain amount of project work covering all different areas of the team.
- Review daily cash and position reconciliations; resolving breaks
- Ensure the accuracy of all trade bookings, end of day pricing, and client deliverables
- Effectively communicate with clients, assisting with all systems and trade related queries
- Work closely with the various Middle Office, Nav, IT, and Investor Service teams
- Institute innovative technological solutions to alleviate client concerns in conjunction with our Business Development team
- Troubleshooting Live PnL and Market Value queries from external parties on a wide range of Products.
- This person will be allocated their own client to work on, they will eventually be the main point of contact for this client.
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Middle Office Team ideally with exposure to the trading cycle
- The Candidate should have experience in communication with 3rd Party Vendors, Clients and Senior Managers on breaks or trade related issues.
- Candidates should have an intermediate level of experience on Bloomberg.
- Completed bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance
- Exposure to various key financial products, (i.e. Equities, Options, Futures, Fixed Income and various derivatives)
- Strong Excel skills with a proven track record of utilization for problem solving
- Ability to multi-task and succeed in a results oriented, high pressure environment with an understanding of the need for 100% accuracy
- Self-motivated and solid team player with a client-service oriented approach. Capable of communicating with team member’s offsite via Skype or via Video Conferencing
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits such as Premium Health Insurance, Multisport Card, My Benefit – Cafeteria System, Life Insurance
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Training and development in a wide variety of areas to ensure staff are constantly developing and progressing their skills
- Tuition policy with study leave and generous payment of all related fees
- Enjoy a start-up like environment on the back of a well-established and profitable company