Business Consulting - Technology Risk - Senior Consultant
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This is a great opportunity to join our Technology Risk Team, within our Consulting Practice. Our Risk Technology Team provides a wide range of technology risk services including IT Internal Audit, IT External Audit, IT SOX and SOC R engagements. On a day to day basis you will have the opportunity to drive engagements focused on areas including cybersecurity, data protection, ERP advisory, resiliency and
You will be part of a pool of Technology Risk specialists reporting to the manager(s) responsible for each assignment. One manager will be responsible for your mentoring, performance assessment and career development. As part of the Technology Risk Team, you will be expected to develop specialist expertise and actively market our services.
There are opportunities to travel within Ireland and the UK as well as on international assignments.
The majority of the assignments are performed within the Belfast and Dublin area.
Your key responsibilities
Examples of Technology Risk engagements include:
- Assessing clients' IT environments and IT-related business processes that support the financial statements to determine the extent to which reliance can be placed on the internal control environment
- Identifying and remediating control and performance gaps compared to leading practice, helping clients gain stakeholder buy-in, reduce risk, and increase value and visibility of IT cost
- Assisting organisations in the identification and management of information security risks by assessing the current state, prioritising improvements and conducting projects to reduce risk and improve regulatory compliance
- Identifying and managing privacy and data protection risks and compliance requirements, working across our clients' organisations to help meet stakeholder expectations and requirements.
Within the context of client engagements, specific responsibilities include:
- Planning, budgeting and delivering engagement for review by Technology Risk Managers or Senior Managers
- Gaining an understanding of the clients' IT applications and infrastructure to determine the effectiveness of the control environment through performing and reviewing process walkthroughs
- Reviewing detailed analysis of the control environment to gain assurance over effective operation of controls
- Identifying control weaknesses and any mitigating controls
- Reviewing working papers and supporting evidence in line with internal compliance requirements
- Effectively articulating control findings to key client stakeholders.
In addition, the Technology Risk team itself places a significant emphasis on its own management and development, including learning and development, knowledge sharing, current technologies, methodologies and the ongoing expansion of the team. All team members are expected to contribute to this process and participating fully in the team activities, meetings and workshops.
EY will provide comprehensive training, which will build on your existing skills. The training available includes:
- Financial audit support
- Project management
- Business continuity planning
- Operating systems (Windows, Unix, AS/400)
- ERP applications (SAP, Oracle JDE)
- Management skills
- Report writing
- Marketing and sales
The training comprises of class room, on line and self study courses, including EY Badges. A wide range of technology is available through the global intranet to enable our people to learn/practice technology skills.
Skills and attributes for success
As a Technology Risk Senior you should hold an IT or accounting qualification and have at least 2 years’ experience in IT internal audit, IT financial audit or IT risk management. This is likely to have been gained in external audit, internal audit, IT consulting or within an IT department.
The role will require strong IT / business risk and control assessment skills. You should be comfortable working in an IT environment and be interested in further developing this area of your expertise. Strong commercial awareness with ability to understand IT / business environments and identify risks / solutions
In addition you must have a proven track record of outstanding performance and display a high level of people and business skills.
To qualify for the role you must have
You'll have knowledge and experience of one or more of the following areas:
- IT internal audit
- Information security / cybersecurity
- IT SOX
- Third party reporting, e.g. SOC1, AAF 01/06, SOC2
- IT Risk framework development or execution
- T Controls design and/ or assessment
Ideally you'll also have:
Candidates will ideally have experience working in a Big 4 firm and have had exposure workingin aclient facing role.
One or more of the following would be an advantage:
- Accounting or Internal Audit qualifications
- Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA) qualification
- Knowledge of IT industry practice methodologies (e.g. CobiT, ITIL) is preferable
- Experience of Windows, Oracle, SQL or UNIX environments
What we look for
- Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
- Flexible with the ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build strong client relationships
- Strong team working skills are essential
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- A passion to contribute to the growth of the practice
- Self motivated with lots of energy and drive
- Flexible, with the ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- The ability to deliver multiple/parallel project
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.