We are currently recruiting for an Outsourcing Assistant to join our Kreston Reeves team in our Discovery Park Office.
Kreston Reeves advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals and families on all areas of business, tax and wealth. We help clients make confident decisions about their future.
With offices across Kent, London and Sussex and international reach via Kreston International, we are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all our clients wherever their ambition takes them.
We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals.
We are looking for a trusted and valid member of staff to join the current team.
Firm Culture and Benefits
Having started out over 200 years ago, we are long-standing employers across our office communities in Kent, Sussex, London - and beyond. We’re really proud of the reputation we’ve built and we’re grateful to our people for making it stronger every day. Our strong commitment to living our firm’s values means we listen carefully to our teams and enjoy helping each other succeed – creating a culture in which our employees can thrive and provide the highest service to our clients.
We want all our employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why we offer benefits such as agile working, and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
We are also proud of our active Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Our own Kreston Reeves Charity Foundation enables us to consistently ‘give back’ to our local communities wherever we can, as well as provide opportunities for our employees to get more involved in charitable work and in choosing the causes which benefit from the Foundation. We give all of our employees the option to take one day paid each year for volunteering so they can support the charitable causes closest to them.
Other benefits we offer our employees include up to 5% contribution on our pension scheme and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory Private health plan, Death in service and Income protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance - and much more.
We are proud of the positive culture and flexible working environment our employees enjoy.
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Commercial awareness
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- To converse professionally and confidently with clients and other office staff
Experience using accounting software preferred such as (Xero/Sage/QuickBooks/Twinfield) would be advantageous but not essential.
Process and maintain clients’ records, with preparation of VAT returns and assistance in the preparation of management accounts and analytical reviews. To process client bookkeeping and to ensure it is completed on time and accurate. To complete checklists and maintain procedures. Be able to understand balance sheet control accounts.
- Bookkeeping processing and functions.
- If necessary, collect the processing from a client’s place of business.
- Prepare a list of required information following the completion of the bookkeeping functions.
- Set up and monitor bank payments on various banking platforms.
- Prepare VAT returns and submit once approved.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare system driven management accounts.
- Prepare supplier reconciliations.
- Purchase ledger and sales ledger functions (tagging and booking of invoices).
- Credit control functions.
- Build & maintain adequate knowledge within the team of all main bookkeeping software packages.
- To ensure all bookkeeping functions are adhered to for specific clients.
- To be proactive in a problem solving environment and resolve internal and external issues in a confident and meticulous manner.
- To liaise with other team members to build up an excellent rapport with them and earn their trust and confidence.
- To quickly understand the ever changing needs of clients and to put in place best practices to assist in implementing these changes.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.