Assurance, Intern - Forensics and Integrity (Fraud & Investigation), Singapore (Summer 2022)
Assurance, Intern – Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services, Singapore (Summer 2022)
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunities: your next adventure awaits
Join Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services within Assurance and you’ll help clients work through complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes. You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary, culturally aligned team that works with clients and their legal advisors.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll work on client engagement teams in carrying out both reactive and proactive forensic analysis of large amounts of structured and unstructured data involving a wide range of database management software, statistical and predictive machine learning software, link analysis and data visualization software.
You’ll also be involved in project activities which include data collection, data quality assessment, data cleansing and enhancing, complex data transformation, relationship profiling, sampling and extrapolation, segmentation, statistical modeling, segmentation, structured data mining, text mining and analytical matching. You’ll assist the team to prepare sections of expert reports, including review, analysis and verification of evidence data and identification of key issues.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong interpersonal skills in a diverse range of situations
- Intellectually rigorous, with strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a desire to "get to the bottom" of things with sound logical reasoning and deep thinking ability
To qualify for the role you must have the following
- Pursuing a degree in Accountancy, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering
- Prior work experience is not required
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong interest in fraud investigations, including computer forensics, data discovery and analysis
- Prior experience and/or interest in data analysis/visualization platform (e.g. SQL, SAS, R, Tableau, Qlikview, SPSS)
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Latest education certificate and/or university transcripts
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
Important: Candidates must be able to commit to 10-week internship from 9May 2022to 15July 2022. We will not consider any request for shortening of internship duration.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.