Senior Associate, Accounts & Business Advisory
At Chiene + Tait (“C+T”), the success of our business is founded on being able to recruit the best people, who share our values and are driven to make a positive impact. As a result, we are recognised as a market leader and a firm that creates real and lasting value for our clients. We provide you with opportunities to drive change and make a difference.
We have an opportunity for a full time Senior Associate to join our Accounts and Business Advisory team. This team is with our clients every step of the way, providing business advisory, compliance, and transactional accounting support to a wide range of clients to help them achieve their dreams and goals. This position provides an excellent opportunity to continue on your career pathway within a dynamic team. We encourage collaboration across the firm to provide a one-team approach to client service which means our people get to experience interesting, challenging and varied work projects.
Like many organisations, we have adapted our working practices to ensure the safety of our team and our clients. Our teams are all currently working remotely, and this is likely to continue for the foreseeable future before we move to a dynamic working model, giving our people flexibility around where they work.
About the role
- Manage and prioritise your own portfolio of clients including workflow, budgets, communication and deadlines to meet the needs of the clients and business
- Supervision and review of associates’ work
- Provide feedback and coaching to associates
- Actively provide solutions to problems
- Support management with ad hoc advisory projects
- Engage and consult with colleagues across the team and firm to provide advice to clients
- Support management to build knowledge and capability within the team, assisting and leading in the delivery of in-house training workshops
- Support management to collaboratively identify and develop opportunities with clients where we have the potential to further support them.
- CA / ACCA / qualified/newly qualified with experience from a public practice accounting environment
- Ability to adapt quickly, relish new challenges and thrive on variety
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Commercially focused
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Motivated and committed to continuously develop client relationships and delivers with excellent communication
- Good technical financial reporting skills
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- In-depth analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Technology savvy
- Strong cloud accounting experience is considered an advantage
- Client focused and delivers with excellent communication
- Appetite for career development and progression
C+T brings together more than 150 specialists providing a wide range of high-quality professional services. Headquartered in the heart of Edinburgh’s city centre, we also have an office in Inverness and virtual offices in Glasgow and London. As members of a globally connected network of more than 175 firms in 83 countries, we bring world-class capabilities and high-quality services to clients, and a fantastic workplace culture and global opportunity to our people.