Junior Regulatory Analyst
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- Professional development, internal and external trainings (opportunity for ACCA and CIMA)
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Inclusive and welcoming environment
- Develop understanding of key Regulatory rules requirements (European & US rule sets) and ensure proper application to various processes/calculations
- Implement new processes and controls to meet regulatory backtesting and capital calculation requirements
- Execute controls to ensure accurate calculations
- Report and work with key stakeholders and data providers to resolve upstream data quality issues
- Deliver timely/accurate daily, weekly, quarterly calculations and analytics to global finance partners and Business Unit stakeholders.
- Explain and validate daily Hypothetical and Actual P&L, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly variances in RWA
- Update relevant procedures as calculation methodology evolves and processes change
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to strengthen controls, and drive automation/ efficiencies
- Support maintenance and development of documentation in line with best practice guidelines
- Accounting/Finance degree or equivalent
- We welcome fresh graduates. 1+ years of experience in the financial services industry is a plus (regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury, risk management)
- Proven skills in investigating complex data issues and discovering root causes
- Knowledge of financial products is required
- Knowledge of regulatory capital/reporting rules/landscape is an advantage
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment
The Market Risk Regulatory Backtesting and Capital Calculation team is responsible for validating of the Firm's VaR model, preparing Capital and Risk Weighted Assets calculation according to standardized approach followed by analysis and reporting for Morgan Stanley's Business Units on a daily, weekly monthly and quarterly basis. The group liaises with Regulatory Controllers, Product Controllers and Market Risk Department in New York, London, Frankfurt and Glasgow as well as with other Finance teams globally.
About us: Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.