Associate Director, Corporate Finance (Lead Advisory) - London
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
As an Associate Director in the Lead Advisory team in Corporate Finance you will be given the opportunity further develop your experience in UK and international mid-market mergers and acquisitions with a focus on sell-side advisory, management buy-outs, fund raising, buyside advisory and financial modelling. Sector focus is largely agnostic although focus on technology and gaming has been prevalent in the team in recent years.
You will be given autonomy to lead transactions and be the primary point of contact for clients in your deals. You will need a pragmatic attitude and be expected to manage all aspects of a transaction from origination through to completion.
You will be expected to actively contribute to business development and deal origination initiatives supporting the team and firm in all BD activities and utilising your own network to generate opportunities for the firm.
As an AD you will support the Partners in all aspects of advisory work.
The role will enable the individual to:
- Manage a wide range of transactions (including sale mandates, fund raising, MBOs, financial modelling and other advisory work including vendor assistance and buyside advisory services) from origination through to completion, acting as a key point of contact for the client and taking the lead on transaction;
- Participate in driving the team’s business plan and explore opportunities to build the pipeline;
- Contribute to developing the team’s internal processes and framework to deliver a high standard of services to our clients;
- Establish and grow a network of key contacts and participate in the team’s marketing initiatives.
As an AD, reporting directly to Partners you will be expected to:
- Project manage a transaction process throughout and ensure the day to day requirements of a deal process are fulfilled;
- Identify key issues impacting transactions at an early stage and be able to plan for numerous outcomes and present solutions to the client;
- Have a strong understanding of typical mid-market deal structures involving financial buyers or trade buyers and the common issues arising therein;
- Have a strong understanding of the UK tax regime in respect of transactions and be able to identify key issues with a transaction and support our tax specialists in advising clients in this respect;
- Have a strong understanding of the legal documentation associated with typical mid-market M&A transactions and be comfortable reviewing and advising in respect of the same;
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills required for regular client and contact liaison throughout deal processes, managing legal advisers and specialist advisers throughout a deal process;
- Undertake and co-ordinate detailed research on companies and associated sectors, analysing trends, opportunities, potential transactions and potential investors/buyers;
- Possess strong writing skills in order to prepare exceptional Information Memoranda, business plans and similar funding packs/documentation and have a track record of preparing the same;
- Be well versed in Excel with strong financial modelling expertise – able to model integrated operating financial models, funding models (including the appropriate equity/debt funding overlays) and financial models suitable for the appraisal of investment opportunities or buyouts;
- Take responsibility for project risk issues and billing/cost recovery;
- Lead assignment teams on deals, developing junior staff and taking responsibility for the appraisal and development of junior team members;
- Actively participate in practice development activities and deal origination initiatives;
- Participate and take a leading role in completion meetings/presentations with clients and funders;
- You will also be required to regularly participate in networking events;
- Each member of the Team is required to attend relevant Corporate Finance training held both externally and internally.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.