Enterprise Risk (Internal Audit) - SOX - Senior Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Enterprise Risk practice works with many of today's leading companies. You can expect to work with senior client personnel to lead large scale client engagements and drive high-quality work products. You will develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks and help generate new business.
Your key responsibilities
Your key responsibility will be to lead and undertake engagements in the SOX/ICFR space particularly considering the upcoming changes to corporate governance through the UK Corporate reform measures. You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams and stakeholders, internally and externally. You will build our practice, taking ownership of your projects, delivering high quality results, coaching, and developing team members.
- Deliver and manage client engagements and internal projects
- Monitor and manage client engagement budgets and related commercial matters
- Generate new business opportunities and steer sales pursuits
- Support and lead proposals and bid teams
- Partner with clients to deliver specialist resource for SOX/ICFR related issues/engagements
- Develop your industry profile and that of the team through publications, events, briefings
- Be a Controls Subject Matter Resource on large and complex transformation engagements
- Support team strategy implementation, marketing and sales
- Create a positive learning culture. Develop junior team members through effective supervising, coaching and mentoring.
- Contribute to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism toward work challenges.
Skills and attributes for success
- Provide clients with advice and input to the business on control and risk issues e.g. SOX controls remediation
- Deep understanding of core financial business processes, associated risks and leading practice controls
- SOX Technical Scoping – including financial processes and IT systems
- Testing strategies to assess design and effectiveness of controls
- Team management, including mentoring and coaching staff
- Developing propositions and sales collateral that are current and relevant to our clients
- Project management, including financial management requirements, quality and risk management
- Ability to engage with and manage multiple stakeholder communities and cross functional projects
- Business acumen - compile information quickly and accurately, testing data and assumptions
- Financial process and accounting knowledge
- Process mapping, walkthroughs and risk analysis (financial, operation, compliance)
- Control identification and design assessment
- SOX regulatory requirements and global methodology
- Innovation in internal audit and SOX compliance – methods, tools and platforms
To qualify for the role you must have
- Senior managerial experience implementing a SOX compliance programme for UK and global organisations
- A chartered or certified accountancy qualification
- Clear understanding of COSO, PCAOB and SEC requirements in relation to SOX compliance
- Consulting or major controls improvement/transformation experience
- US GAAP and/or IFRS accounting knowledge
Ideally, you’ll also have
- People and project management experience
- A good level of self-awareness when dealing with others, able to adapt your own approach to differences in individual style and backgrounds, recognising the risk of unconscious biases
- A good understanding of Finance systems, such as SAP, and how the functionality within those systems can be better leveraged to improve SOX compliance.
What we look for
We are interested to hear from entrepreneurial people who feed on the energy of a thriving global team. We seek a high level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure. There is an expectation to be able to travel outside of the home office, including UK and Ireland regional and international travel.
What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.