Commodities Non-Market Risk Manager - Vice President (Paris)
Fixed Income Counterparty Risk Manager- Vice President / Executive Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
Business Unit Risk Management (“BURM”) is a 1st line team within FID which covers several risk areas, including Non-Market Risk (Operational Risk), Franchise Risk and Conduct Risk.
The Operational Risk Management team within BURM acts as the 1st Line of Defence and are responsible for all aspects of Fixed Income and Commodities Non-Market Risk in EMEA, including the operational risk control framework. In addition, the team is responsible for implementing new controls and process resulting from new regulation or new business initiatives/products. #LI-KF1
Reporting to the FID EMEA Operational Risk Manager, the candidate would be expected to undertake a wide range of duties, with a specific focus towards the Commodities Division, often having to manage multiple tasks with frequent changes to priorities.
- Define, develop, and implement a range of conduct surveillance controls
- Resolve risk related queries from the Commodities Sales and Trading desks
- Conduct investigations into operational incidents
- Partner with the Commodities Division in the development/implementation of new products and the management of specific Commodities review groups
- Manage remedial actions identified by compliance test checks, internal audit, and regulators
- Manage the implementation of changes driven by new business or new regulatory obligations
- Assist with risk identification and mitigation activities by interfacing with other teams and divisions such as Legal & Compliance, Operations, Technology and Sales and Trading
- Organise and host progress meetings and working groups with stakeholders
- Co-ordinating activities across multiple delivery work streams
- Conduct regular reporting of progress against plan, including management information and metrics
Skills required :
- Previous Commodities experience in a Financial or Legal environment
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Law or Economics preferable)
- Good understanding of project management essential
- Excellent knowledge of Power point and MS Excel required
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, and presentations
- Good attention to detail & organisation skills
- Confident, self-starter, assertive and energetic
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talentsInterested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more. Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.