Risk Assurance – Associate – Beirut
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview:
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview:
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 6,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview:
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes nearly 1,600 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC’s global network of over 91,000 assurance professionals operating from 157 countries worldwide. We’ve delivered audit and assurance services in the region for over 40 years. Our people are aligned to different industry teams, so our clients can be confident that they will receive advice which is tailored around the unique challenges and opportunities that they encounter.
Business Unit Overview:
Organisations are constantly being exposed to new and evolving strategic, technical, talent and reputation risks, particularly in the Middle East region where they face significant geopolitical and macroeconomic challenges. To survive and thrive in this uncertainty, we understand that strong enterprise risk processes are crucial as these drive business controls. Instead of tackling Enterprise Risk and Business Controls in silos, we approach them as a whole to derive the most value from alignment and consistency.
Due to the rapid growth of our Business Controls Risk team, we currently have opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated experienced professionals with a proven track record in high quality delivery of client projects. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the management and delivery of projects across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
What you’ll create and do:
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take on a professional role as part of our client-facing teams.
- Support the development of the audit approach and complete planning procedures.
- Examine financial and accounting records, other documents, and tangible items such as inventory, or plant and equipment, or watch certain processes and procedures being performed.
- Ask a range of questions – from formal written questions to informal oral questions – with a range of individuals at our client organizations.
- Test the client organization's internal controls.
- Assess significant estimates, judgements or assumptions made by management.
- Verify and test financial statements and supporting disclosures.
- Perform completion procedures to support issuance of the audit report.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work.
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives.
- ACCA/CPA/CA/ ACA designation or equivalent designation, or in final stages of completion is a plus.
- Thorough technical skills and experience regarding applicable accounting reporting and auditing standards.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment.
- Bilingual proficiency in Arabic and English is considered an asset.
- Business development and client relationship building.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.