FXEM - Product Control AVP
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees Worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm?s books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. The division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley?s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the
conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley?s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarises, plans and forecasts the organisation's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings.
The EMEA FXEM product control team is part of the Fixed Income Controllers Group. The immediate team consists of 2 persons in London with a deployed team in Mumbai supporting the production aspects of the role.
The team's overall role is to provide financial analysis and business performance metrics to support senior management decision making. This encompasses daily revenue analysis, profitability and balance sheet reporting plus liquidity, funding & capital analysis. The team is also responsible for signing off the month end financial statements and presentation of these to firm management and external auditors/regulators.
Morgan Stanley is a global dealer in interest rate and currency products, including interest rate cash and derivatives providing primary and secondary liquidity. The FXEM desk comprises of the G10 spot desk, EU Local Markets desk, STIRT desk and FX options desk. These businesses look to offer our clients the full suite of FXEM based products.
This is an analytical and review role in the FXEM product control team. The role has standard daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables as well as a significant amount of adhoc queries.
Role responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the P&L's produced in Mumbai and distribution of this information to the business unit and internal clients
- Producing and reviewing month-end close processes for the business unit
- Attesting to data with respect to the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements which will ultimately role up into the externally reported financial statements
- Assisting with production of monthly business packs for desk heads
- Liaising with accounting policy to address any accounting questions that arise from new trade bookings
- Building and maintenance networks with the Business Unit and other divisions
- Understanding balance sheet, liquidity & funding movements related to the business activities
- Completing adhoc projects and queries as required by senior Finance and Business Unit management #LI-RG1
- The candidate should be a graduate and preferable a qualified accountant
- Previous work experience in financial services, audit or accounting (product control experience preferrable)
- Good knowledge of financial products, Fixed Income products would be preferable
- Have a high regard for attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills, with the ability to work on multiple tasks with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organisation
- High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Awareness of emerging industry trends such as Basel capital rules
We are focused on bringing together different backgrounds, experience and talents to deliver world class service. If you are a driven self-starter, client-focused, and eager to contribute to a leading Global Financial Services firm, please apply. We welcome all backgrounds and experiences.#LI-RG1For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.