Finance Risk & Controls Manager – Process Partner
Our Global Finance Risk Management and Controls (FRMC) team supports the Global Finance Organisation to meet compliance reporting requirements. Within GSK finance processes are standardized globally and managed by global process owners (GPOs). Our internal finance control framework is technology enabled, advanced and SOX compliant.
In Poznań we are currently growing our FRMC Project & Change team who is supporting GPOs. As part of a modern, technology-led function delivering world-class service, you will be well-positioned to learn and develop your skills to progress in your career, laterally and vertically, working in a diverse and culturally rich environment with some of the best and brightest in the field.
This role is a business ‘risk-mitigation’ partner to finance services Close & Control GPO team. This role provides hands-on support for global projects significantly impacting Global Finance such as global process changes, system implementation or migrations, target operating model (TOM) creation and roll out, and risk mitigation across key processes. The successful candidate will:
- As a subject matter expert, pPartner with relevant GPOs of Close & Controls or project manager to ensure adequate risk mitigation robust plans are built by the organization. Involvement is needed both in regular weekly GPO calls and in identified opportunities to transform processes to deliver tangible benefits to the business.
- Understand inherent and emerging risks in proposed finance process changes and ensure that process risks are identified, mitigated, controlled and reported appropriately.
- Be the ‘go to’ person in FRMC team for process design issues for the operations teams and risk management teams
- Understand and escalate requests for changes to process design at all service locations based on the outputs from data analytics.
- Review relevant policies / SOPs for the newly designed processes to ensure process risks and controls are sufficiently documented.
- Ensure process map documentation includes agreed variations for local legal, fiscal or system limitations, including RACI and key controls.
- Participate in key business change initiatives as the voice of the risk & compliance team.
- Provide risk & compliance inputs as part of project team for large process design projects to support major business change and present to FRMC governance team the proposed changes in internal controls supporting business/GPO in getting the approval of designed changes
We would like to speak to you if you have these experience and skills
- Qualified Auditor or Accountant (CA, ACCA, CPA, PIBR or equivalent) with at least 3 years post qualifying experience
- Strong finance background with commercial experience, preferably at a global level.
- Significant experience in finance processes and operations, including a minimum 3-4 years in SOX Compliance; External or Internal Audit, Financial Control and/or Risk Management with a Big 4 audit firm or international corporates.
- Significant experience with internal control design and risk identification.
- Knowledge of SOX legislation
- Understanding of ERP systems, preferably SAP environment.
- Experience of a global business process change project environment and ability to comfortably work in international environment.
How you will be rewarded – what do we offer:
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
- Career in leading global healthcare company with modern employer mindset, corporate culture and values.
- Joining a high performing global team of finance professionals, who support business in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class.
- Opportunity for professional development in finance with access to the newest technologies and solutions.
- Formal development plans and trainings supporting in development of managerial skills and technical trainings.
- Opportunity to be part of complex international projects and change management in supportive business culture.
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and additional benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, recreation allowance, social fund).
- Supportive & friendly working environment.
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.