Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner / Commerce / NHS / Worthing / Accountancy / ACCA / CIMA / AAT
Our well established NHS Trust offers mental health and social care services for children, young people and adults across Hampshire and Sussex. With Strong Trust values, of putting 'People first. Future Focused. Embracing Change. Working together. Everyone counts'. It is clear to see why they are rated 'good' overall by the Care Quality Commission and 'outstanding' for caring.
Due to expansion the Finance team is growing, and 7 new roles have been created to enhance their back-office service. These new positions range from Band 4 to Band 8b across Financial Accounting and Management Accounting.
As Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for:
- To support the budget setting process for the Operational or Corporate area to ensure the effective, efficient and economic use of financial resources in line with Trust priorities and longer term strategic plans.
- To provide a robust financial management service to either one Operational Service or Corporate area and/or our Service Line Reporting and Improvement team. This includes working closely with budget holders and colleagues, attending meetings where necessary, and ensuring that available resources are effectively utilised to enable the areas to meet their objectives and ensure that financial viability is sustained.
- To support the completion of all assigned financial adjustments for the relevant budget area, in an accurate and timely manner, including any necessary accruals, prepayments and budget transfers to ensure that financial management information is complete and accurate.
- To monitor, investigate and explain variances from budgets and/or Service Improvement Programme targets in a timely manner, understanding the key drivers for the financial position, and provide advice on possible courses of action to achieve the budgeted position at the year end.
- To provide analytical support (e.g. financial statistics, costing, analysis) to the SFBP and Budget Managers, to enable the production or review of scenarios, sensitivity analyses, cost improvement plans, bids for new business, business cases and service development propositions. To support the development of financial models to support tenders for new / continued business.
- To ensure all income is accurately invoiced in a timely and efficient manner, and that Operational and Corporate areas receive the maximum level of income, liaising with appropriate Trust personnel or other external agencies as necessary
- To ensure debt collection activities are carried out in line with credit control processes, including ensuring that Finance Business Partner is aware of the status of debts and that aged debts are actively pursued.
- To support the timely completion of Trust's monthly and annual accounts, in accordance with statutory and governance requirements. This includes supporting the Trust's statutory audit processes by providing information and answers to queries raised by the Trust's Internal and External Auditors.
- To ensure effective financial processes are in place to deliver effective budgetary controls and statutory financial duties including compliance with statutory requirements and delivering statutory returns.
- To understand and comply with the requirements of the Trust's Standing Financial Instructions, financial procedures and other financial matters
- Association of Accounting Technicians full qualification; or CIMA/ACCA/ICAEW - part qualified; or qualified by 2 years' relevant experience in financial management
- A-Level or equivalent level education
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Knowledge of Health and Social Care/public sector systems working is desirable
- Thorough understanding of accounting standards and principles including accruals / prepayments, provisions, costing, budgeting and forecasting and the ability to apply and explain them in non-routine situations to senior managers and clinicians
- Experience of analysing complex financial information, and providing advice and options for resolution of issues arising
- Experience of using Microsoft Office and financial ledger systems, preferably Oracle Financials
Salary is DOE and level.