Full responsibility for the accounting and reporting , as well as managing a junior team, with a very strong focus on client service.
Our client provides essential business services to overseas companies.
- Full responsibility for the accounting and reporting on a portfolio of clients - typically including:
- Maintain accounting software.
- Month, quarter and year end close and reporting to clients in accordance with agreed content and to agreed deadlines.
- Monitor and control the client's cash position including controlling payments.
- HMRC reporting - VAT returns, EC sales lists, CIS.
- Full balance sheet support and reconciliation.
- Manage the year end statutory accounts/audit process via external accountant/auditor.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and be seen as the Financial Controller for the clients' business.
- Identify opportunities to sell additional services to clients and seek to add value to our offering.
- Attend networking events on behalf of company
- Work to continually improve margin through process improvement and the effective use of Finance Assistants.
- Support and develop Finance Assistants.
- Attend meetings with potential clients.
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience of UK bookkeeping, management accounting, reporting and financial administration
- Very strong client service ethic
- Ability to balance corporate goals with employee relations
- Results orientated
- Self-motivated and able to work independently on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Sound interpersonal skills with an ability to establish collaborative relationships and influence at different levels of the organisation
- Problem solver with the ability to implement practical solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Cultural awareness with experience of working cross-border
- Intermediate excel user
- Excellent Financial Systems knowledge
- Nordic or German language skills (written and verbal) is desirable.
Competitive salary and benefits with excellent progression potential.