Tax Preparer (Term Position)
This bilingual opportunity is also available on MNP’s Postesavec expérience job board in French. Please submit one
application only to be considered for this opportunity. Thank you.
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Accounting Services team as a Tax Preparer. This diverse team of professionals performs a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties in support of our firm’s business operations. As a trusted advisor, you’ll identify challenges, problem solve and drive efficiencies while contributing to the success of our firm and our clients.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
This opportunity is a for a full time term beginning March 14, 2022 until May 2, 2022.
- Responsible for preparing complete and accurate tax returns
- Compute taxes owed and prepare personal and corporate tax returns (and other tax compliance slips)
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to resolve
- Respond to client questions and queries
- Set-up files for new and existing clients
- Manage multiple files simultaneously
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Work flexible hours for the months of &
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in accounting or tax is considered an asset; equivalent experience will also be considered
- 2 to 3 years of tax return preparation experience
- Experience in an accounting, customer service and/or client service environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is considered an asset
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.