IFDSI TA Head of Registration & AML Services, VP
Who are we looking for:
IFDS Ireland is seeking a dynamic leader for the Registration Services Function within the Transfer Agency Department. Reporting to the Ireland Head of Operations, the Head of Registration Services role will be required to demonstrate exemplary leadership skills, a comprehensive knowledge of Transfer Agency product and operational workflows and risks to provide effective management of the Investor Onboarding and AML/KYC Compliance processes for our TA Clients.
This role is a Controlled Function (CF) position. The successful candidate will be offered the role conditional to Central Bank of Ireland approval for Fitness and Probity.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is the premier Transfer Agency service provider for international funds in Europe, providing technology and service solutions designed to help asset owners and managers achieve their business goals. IFDS is a joint venture between State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, and SS&C Technologies, a global provider of investment and financial software-enabled services and software for the global financial services and healthcare industries.
The IFDSI Registration Services Team is responsible for the maintenance of a fund’s shareholder register, including the on-boarding of new shareholders; updating of shareholder static data; AML/KYC reviews, sanction screening and shareholder tax reporting in line with Ireland regulatory requirements.
What you will be responsible for:
As Head of Registration Services you will be responsible for:
- acting as the First Line of Defence (FLOD) member of Senior Management with primary responsibility for implementing, managing and overseeing compliance with AML/CFT measures
- ensuring that the AML/CFT policies, procedures and internal control measures are adequate and proportionate to the characteristics and risks of the firm.
- being the primary FLOD contact for Compliance/MLRO
- accountable for the operational service delivery and the client experience with respect to Investor Onboarding, Register Maintenance and Investor AML/KYC Compliance
- Influencing the leadership and culture of the TA Operations group in Ireland with a focus on ethical behaviours and values as set out in corporate standards.
- Develop trusted relationships with clients, vendors, auditors, peers, and stakeholders
- Oversee and manage the performance of local team and supporting outsourced service providers (OSPs)
- Provide reporting for senior management and effectively escalate any risks to the business
- Manage complex or unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred by clients and stakeholders, recommending best practices and continuous process improvement
- Actively encourage and practice clear, open and direct communication. Demonstrate strategies for influencing and negotiating with others
- Manage, train and develop staff, manage employee performance, complete performance reviews timely, and handle employee relations issues
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, participate in individual on-going training and development
- Set SMART objectives for staff performance and evaluate staff during periodic assessments. Engage in promotion and succession planning with other IFDSL senior managers. Advocate recognition and rewarding of excellence
- Make effective recommendations for promotions, salary increases and bonuses
- Analyse team composition and any impacts related to the on-boarding or off-boarding of clients. Request and justify new headcount requirements in local team and any outsourced locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we value:
These skills, experience and knowlege will help you succeed in this role:
- Sound procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This knowledge should be complemented with an understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and fund industry regulations
- Strong understanding of operational process design and operational risk management
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Project management and analytical thinking
- A strategic thinker
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Well-developed negotiation, influencing, decision-making, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective policies and procedures control – with a concern for quality
- Proven interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to influence others and to promote teamwork across different organizations
- Team player, ability to build consensus and to motivate others.
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships within the business unit and cross locations
- Display a strong understanding of the corporate workings of a global service
- Strong understanding of the AML/CFT Regulatory framework and compliance requirements
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Audit or equivalent professional qualifications or experience
- 10-15 years’ experience in a similar environment including at least 5-7 years in a management capacity.